Author Topic: Where did you go for your CCW Class?  (Read 32843 times)

Ravensfootball56

Re: Where did you go for your CCW Class?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
I had never been there before , only for the class , I didnt like my " gut feeling" about him. Is it a reliable person that told you that he got shut down? Im just wondering why the da"s office told me what they did? I just want to know so I can do what I need to so I dont get held up from the blisstering speed of this whole process  ;D 
yeah it was another gun shop owner I buy all my stuff from in Laurel off RT 24...He said in Aug swarms of ATF black yukons were there along with a mess of DSP vehicles...I guess he had guns on consignment there too...They were all siezed and the owners were unable to get them back...Bad bad deal for those people
BS

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 01:18:11 PM »
I just took my class with the guy who owns and maintains delawareccw.com, David Dovorak.  This guys knows his sh*t and is a great instructor with many years of experience with firearms under his belt.  Check his site out if you live in the Sussex County area!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:26:26 PM by Moosie »
BS

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 01:22:44 AM »
This stuff was all a lot easier when you weren't required to take a class.  It's amazing to read about the hassles that people on here go through, whether it's the paper, or the course, or the State.  Quite honestly, the State has always been problematic.  I know that this sounds crazy, but at least it's reasonable to expect that the State is going to be problematic.  But places like the newspaper?  And courses that aren't up to snuff?
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »
Of course it's reasonable to expect that anything with the state is going to be problematic.  I mean, how much easier could it possibly be to renew your DL or the registration on your vehicle, yet DMV seems to have a thousand steps (and a huge waiting line) to have ordinary things like these done. 

What I don't understand is why they can't just have it cut and dry and have a list of "approved" newspapers posted, and have the places that are offering the classes basically have a canned course they teach (of course being free to teach above and beyond that) and use state "approved" (one style) of certificates? 

It just seems like it would be a lot easier if they standardized a lot of things in the system.  Wouldn't eliminate all of the problems, but maybe some of them. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
And they need a better method of producing permits, such as team up with DMV and get a lic card made for the ccdw permit or put it as an endorsement on your license..I just got mine friday and its already peeling apart...Its a POS
BS

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 12:19:29 AM »
And they need a better method of producing permits, such as team up with DMV and get a lic card made for the ccdw permit or put it as an endorsement on your license..I just got mine friday and its already peeling apart...Its a POS
The first thing I did with mine was to remove it from that fifty-cent laminating job they did, trim 1/8" off the end so it might fit in my wallet, and seal it into a laminating pouch that might actually last more than a week.
They spare no expense: they print our permits on two adjacent tear-apart business cards, and then fold them over. Nice! It looks like they cut my photo down to size with childproof kindergarten scissors.
BJ's Wholesale Club makes better ID cards than the DE CCDW permit.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:39 AM »
The first thing I did with mine was to remove it from that fifty-cent laminating job they did, trim 1/8" off the end so it might fit in my wallet, and seal it into a laminating pouch that might actually last more than a week.
They spare no expense: they print our permits on two adjacent tear-apart business cards, and then fold them over. Nice! It looks like they cut my photo down to size with childproof kindergarten scissors.
BJ's Wholesale Club makes better ID cards than the DE CCDW permit.

Couldnt of said it better myself
BS

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:10 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that they were coming out with a "new and improved" permit. Has anyone heard that  ???

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 12:45:55 AM »
The first I have heard of it
BS

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that they were coming out with a "new and improved" permit. Has anyone heard that  ???
They'll buy a printer designed this century? Yeah, right.
I'm not holding my breath... my permit expires in 2015, and I expect the new one to be even crappier than this one.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 01:23:51 AM »
They'll buy a printer designed this century? Yeah, right.
I'm not holding my breath... my permit expires in 2015, and I expect the new one to be even crappier than this one.
lol.lol. Maybe we can donate them some equipment . It might speed up the process  ;D

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 02:30:19 AM »
We donate enough...TAXES!!!! They have all the equipment...How hard can it be to design a Template for DMV and to tell all the CCW holders to take thier current permit, or for new CCW applicants to take their paperwork once approved to DMV to get a card?  I would even pay for the @@@@ thing if it was like a DL
BS

aibill

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »
 When I got my CCW card it was laminated very cheap, would not even stick together. Went it to Staples and got it laminated, looks great,will fit in a photo holder in my wallet,[ make sure they get you picture off, it is not fasten very good] cost was less than 2 dollars, I think. Still I think it could be intergrater with my license or at least printed on something that looks at good. Have a question is the CCW included in the info that a P.O. can bring up on his computer when checking your license? A friend in N.C. told me that it is on his driving record and a P.O. can see it when they check.

aibill

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 12:32:05 AM »
Forgot to add that I read about getting it laminated at Staples on this site. Now for something different I have brought 3 guns [Glock23,glock26, and a judge from Tods gun shop, comparded prices and his was the best, he also always call for approval before I got the guns. Did not care much for him [acted like a S.A.] but the help was very helpfull. To each his own, I guess. Wondered what happen to him, he had just put in a allsum gun safe, a room for a gun repair , and was making an indoor range. Have brought from Brancheys also, nice guy, but maybe a little high, best place downstate I think is Steeles Gun Shop [on Rt9]in Lewis.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 01:14:22 AM »
No.  Cops in delaware do not have instant access to the fact that you have a permit.  They can call and inquire about it, but most do not. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident