Author Topic: New here, from Newark and DELOC.  (Read 30379 times)

wwd

New here, from Newark and DELOC.
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »
Just joined, tho' I've been here a couple of times.  I've been shooting about 10 years, and just joined Delaware Rifle and Pistol Club in Elsmere.  I look forward to learning from your experiences here, as I have on DELOC.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:36:08 AM by wwd »
OC - the single greatest deterrent known to mankind.

Spartacus

Re: New here, from Newark and DELOC.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:57:12 AM »
Welcome

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »
Hi WWD,

Welcome to the site. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:34:32 AM »
Welcome and thanks for joining, Also don't forget to tell your friends about us  ;D
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

wwd

Re: New here, from Newark...
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

One of the reasons I applied for my CCDW permit is to avoid OC trouble should I forget to unholster in my vehicle or accidentally cover-up with a coat or long shirt.  Also, for protection so my wife won't know I'm carrying  ??? (she'll probably come around eventually).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:36:55 AM by wwd »

wwd

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
Well, half-way through week 11 on the CCDW journey, and nothing.  Nothing at all, from NCC, AG, nobody.

"I am depressed".  Slim Pickens...BLAZING SADDLES

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »
Yup.  SOunds about right.  Until the end of May, I'm betting that they aren't even touching your application so they can get everyone's renewal processed.  Average time from application to receiving your permit is around 4 to 6 months. 

You can also call the prothon's office to see if they can tell you anything. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

wwd

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 01:36:36 AM »
Yeah...I stopped by NCC Pro's office last week...a Mr. Dale Broome.  He wouldn't even come out.  The girl "out front" called him in his office...through her Broome said "Yeah, we're backed up".  Nice guy, wouldn't come out, who forgets the people to whom he's responsible...like just about every other public employee including those off-the-wall judges...and especially the so-called prof'l politicians.  

Like someone else has said, limit them to two terms...one in office and one in jail.

g23

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 12:32:23 AM »
lol.. Dale Broome is a women.. SHE was actually very helpful with my permit. this is just a very busy time for them.

wwd

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »
That's funny.  I assumed it was a woman and posted as such.  Then someone on another board "corrected" me saying "MR. Dale Broome".  Great stuff.  Thanks for the heads up...now I'm really confused     ???

Plus, must be nice working for the gov't with no accountability.  When I get backed up, I gotta take care of it.   Would be great if the gov't would contract out a lot more than they do...opening it up to for-profit busn.  Another agency would be that damned DMV.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:33:15 PM by wwd »

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 03:30:50 PM »
I've spoken to Dale once & received a voice message from her last evening & both times she was very pleasant & professional. I will get my permit soon after over 7 months. I blame the AG's office for dragging there feet not the people that do the work. Maybe the newspaper should do an article on why Delaware is so far behind on matters like this.
knotacare

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 04:39:29 PM »
The "reception" office sent us down to see Ms. Broome after we filed my wife's application on May 5th, but she did not answer her phone. I called later and left her a VM.

She replied promptly and helpfully... one of the first things she said was "At least you didn't come down here in person!" I admitted that we had been down there, as instructed by the office upstairs. She explained that in-person visits actually make it harder to get the work done, and that she is now the only person (down from 3) in the Prothonotary's office handling new permits & renewals, and that there are more of both this year than ever.

It sounds like a thankless job. Maybe we should send her a pizza or something, anonymously of course, if when we get our permits.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

wwd

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
I realize I am being a bit harsh here.  When I dropped off my permit app for NCC, I took a box of mixed DD doughnut holes.  The gal was somewhat surprised, and pleased, that anyone would do that.  I told her my appreciation was genuine, and hoped they wouldn't just "toss em".

We talked for a few minutes, and she confessed she had to take a pay cut to stay...due to budgetary contraints.  So it is easy to be harsh about the backlog.  But it does take a little more effort to see the human side.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 04:04:43 PM »
Ok, so has anyone contacted her and asked if there's something applicants (or we as a group) could do to maker her life (and the application process) go faster, etc?  For example, contact XYZ rep and ask for ______ to happen.  She's got to be one of the few people who know what the issues are in the system.  I mean, its the government.  Its as inefficient as possible. 

??  Just something to think about.

Moosie

Oh, wwd, that was a nice gesture with the donut holes. 

wwd

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »
Thanks, Moosie.

To follow up on that, I had to go back to the Proth's office for a notary certification filing (I figure becoming a notary sure couldn't hurt my CCDW filing).  So I walked into the same office just off the front door entrance with a bag of mixed candy (Hershey's etc) to the same gal.  Well, as she directed me 'downstairs', she asked if I wanted to take the bag with me.  Of course I said no, and left it.

This week I think I'll go 'downstair's and take that crew their own mixed bag of doughnuts, ID'ing myself so as to hopefully allowing them to feel comfortable eating the 'outside' chow.