Author Topic: New here, from Newark and DELOC.  (Read 30378 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: New here, from Newark and DELOC.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 01:31:01 AM »
Ok, so playing devils advocate here, does the permit have to be issued, mailed, or received by May 31st?

For carrying purposes, I'd imagine that you'd nEed to have it in hand no later than 5/31. OR, if you were carrying June 1st, your permit has been renewed but not received are you still good?

Just thinking out loud. I'll be renewing next year on Jan 1st! 

Unless they change the law. the permit would need to be received by May 31st, or it would be a felony to carry a concealed weapon on June 1st.
I'm sooooo glad mine showed up Friday. If I still didn't have a permit, I'd be really upset... because I wouldn't take any new PC repair customers until it arrived.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »
For carrying purposes, I'd imagine that you'd nEed to have it in hand no later than 5/31. OR, if you were carrying June 1st, your permit has been renewed but not received are you still good?

Well.....  Everyone knows mine was renewed on 12 Jan.  It did come before 31 May.  And yes, it was a long wait.

In May I called my State Rep.  His office made a few calls and got it moving (I think).  One call I received, his aid said the background has been approved and if it was past 31 May, I could CC. I assume from whoever does the BG check (DOJ?).

I have 2 thoughts on this.
1.) BS!  You'd be a FELON.
2.) They would call it in and find out you passed your BG check.  But since we have such GREAT communication throughout the entire process, HOW would we know?  And you passed your BG check, does that make it official or the Judge's signature???

I think we should write our Reps and ask them to introduce a time limit 60 or 90 days (pick one) to complete everything or it is automatically APPROVED.  Would also love to see the State go SHALL ISSUE.

Do we need a new thread to get ideas going so we can all in with the SAME info?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 11:20:32 PM »
Radnor, I've been saying this all along.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 11:50:27 PM »
I spoke to somebody in the know the other day and the way it was explained to me is... If an officer checks your permit, they key in your name and or permit number into their computer system. If your permit is still valid (not revoked) it will say so. If your permit has expired the system won't show anything, expired,in progress or anything like that, just won't show up. This is also the reason the courts haven't changed the style of permit to more of an I'd card, cause the computer system tells them everything they need, the permit just tells them to look. I imagine once the renewal has been signed and sent for mailing than you are somewhat legal, just have to get the officer to believe you long enough to look it up. 
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »
OK, so nothing shows up.  In the mean time, they will take you in for concealing and NOT having a valid permit. Say hello to todays new FELON! No thanks!

Like I said, I was told by my Reps aide, they would have found out the BG was done and it would be OK.  I dont feel like gambling with my gun rights like that.

Sig,
New thread to figure out what we'd like to hit our elected officials with?  That way we can all go in with the SAME info/request.
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 01:07:14 AM »
OK, so nothing shows up.  In the mean time, they will take you in for concealing and NOT having a valid permit. Say hello to todays new FELON! No thanks!

Like I said, I was told by my Reps aide, they would have found out the BG was done and it would be OK.  I dont feel like gambling with my gun rights like that.

Sig,
New thread to figure out what we'd like to hit our elected officials with?  That way we can all go in with the SAME info/request.

I agree, get popped carring and lose the right al togther, no thanks

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 10:48:50 PM »
Hey Radnor check this out and let me know if this works for you.
http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=822.0
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 01:17:50 PM »
Hey Radnor check this out and let me know if this works for you.
http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=822.0

Yes, thank you!

I am not concerned as much about the quality (or lack of) in the permit.  If stopped, I'm sure they will "run it" to make sure it is valid.  (At least I would EXPECT them to.)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 11:37:39 PM »
Most wont run it unless you give them reason to. 

(from a friend in brown with 20 plus years after I asked about it).

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »
M(F)WAG is not good enough reason? 

Not doubting you, but I think the the clowns they encounter daily they would run it.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2010, 01:37:44 AM »
What were you doing and where are the pics? :)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
What were you doing and where are the pics? :)

Bag the pics, I want to see the video!  Oh, this board is not supposed to go that far.
Oh well, so much for the pics OR video...

wwd

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 04:18:48 PM »
Well, this afternoon begins week 16 of "THE WAIT".  Such is the way of life, sometimes...
OC - the single greatest deterrent known to mankind.

wwd

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »
This afternoon starts week 21 of THE GREAT CCDW WAIT.

I've been in touch the NCCProth, and the AG's office.  Overworked and understaffed is the answer.  Looks to me like the government doesn't really want to support this lawful action, and is purposely understaffing this.

wwd

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 02:15:30 AM »
"IT" arrived today.  Feb 8th to Aug 20th.  So be it.