Author Topic: S&W MP40  (Read 5098 times)

dweber1188

S&W MP40
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:24:12 PM »
Interestingly, I haven't seen any posts about the MP40. I have a full size and use a FOBUS paddle holster for open and concealed carry and a crossbreed supertuck for conceled. Even though it is a full size gun, I find it very comfortable in these holsters, easy to carry, easy to draw. I also have a S&W 442 .38 with a pocket holster.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: S&W MP40
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:50:06 PM »
very nice pistol, I keep debating on getting the MP 9mm.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

dweber1188

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:40:40 AM »
I've got nothing but praise for it. I have put a couple thousand rounds with no jams or misfires. Only issue I had was accidentally pressing the magazine release, but that was quickly corrected by changing the grip size which moved my thumb just enough.

fdegree

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »
very nice pistol, I keep debating on getting the MP 9mm.

My wife has the M&P 9.  We went to the range once and had a number of failures to eject, feed and fire.

The 1 failure to fire could have been the round...the firing pin certainly left it's mark.

The other failures occurred with my wife firing the gun...could have been limp wristing, I don't really know.  I fired a couple of magazines through it myself and never had a problem, but she did most of the firing with that gun on that particular day.  I'm going to take it to the range again in couple of weeks and run at least 100 rounds through it to see how it performs for me.

I got the gun for her to use as a home defense weapon.  Since she is having trouble with it, I'm strongly considering the Taurus Judge or Public Defender for that purpose...we'll see.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:31:38 AM by fdegree »
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

fdegree

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 02:37:46 PM »
UPDATE:
I went to the range yesterday and fired 100 rounds through my wifes M&P9...not one failure of any kind.  It performed wonderfully, and it was quite accurate.

I'll have to take my wife to the range and have her run 100 rounds through it again and see if problems arise again.  If it turns out she is the cause of the problems, we'll have to reconsider keeping that gun for her use...we'll see
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Spartacus

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
I recently bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 40C for concealed carry.  The trigger is a little on the light side but I love the feel and accuracy. 

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:55 AM »
+1 on the Super Tuck Holster.

Spartacus

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 03:51:33 PM »
Thought I would post this so you could see some contrast between the C and the Fullsized.  The trigger is a little light for my liking also I think I should have bought it in .45 instead of .40

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »
I've been considering a M&P in .45 just don't have the money right now.

Spartacus

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »
Traded that M&P40c above for a M&P9c with thumb safety.  I know I will feel more comfortable carrying something with a safety.