Author Topic: We filed in NCCo today  (Read 2489 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
We filed in NCCo today
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:23:43 PM »
We filed my wife's CCDW application in person at the courthouse on King Street today. I'll update this thread when any responses come back, and if/when the permit actually arrives.
The timeline, in small fonts because it's long:  ::)
A not-so-brief recap:

My wife agreed to apply for her CCDW permit as a birthday present to me.

My own permit was processed, mailed and received in 64 days back in 2005 (I think at least partly because I had already completed the required training). So, I immediately called the guy who trained me -- he's 81 now, but he still draws and shoots his revolver like a champ -- to arrange her training.

Then, I placed the ad in the News-Journal. This was done almost entirely by Email on April 7th, and was very easy & painless. Within an hour of my first call to the paper, I had received the form in Email, completed it, Emailed it back in, and received & approved the Ad Content Proof.
The next morning, I called the State Police and scheduled her fingerprinting appointment for April 20th.

She took the classroom portion of the training April 10th, completed the range requirement April 12th, and received her notarized training certificate at the range. The instructor also reviewed her "Reasons for Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon" to be attached to her application.

I picked up a copy of the News-Journal on the scheduled date to confirm that her announcement did run, and that they spelled her name right.
On the 20th, we went to Troop 2 for fingerprinting at 6PM. We were in and out of there in about five minutes.

(This set her application schedule in stone: she could apply no sooner than 10 days after the ad ran, but not more than 30 days after the fingerprints were taken. She needed to file the application before Wednesday, May 19th).

The News-Journal's Affadavit of Publication arrived by mail April 26th.

By then, we had collected three of the five reference questionnaires from our friends. We obtained another reference on the 21st, and my wife picked up the fifth reference on May 1st. The following Monday, she got her photos taken at Bear Express (they do a great job at a fair price).

Wednesday, May 5th, we drove up to the Prothonotary's office and filed the application at 9:15 AM.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon