Author Topic: Renewals (Important Please read)  (Read 12185 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Renewals (Important Please read)
« on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:29 PM »
For those of you who have sent your renewal paperwork in and have NOT received your new permit, please email me you contact info and when you sent your renewal paperwork in. We will be contacting the NRA in regards to the fact the state is NOT processing peoples permits in a timely manner. This worries us with only 24 days left. I also urge you to contact your State Representative.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Renewals (Important Please read)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:30:32 AM »
Just got my renewal on Saturday, dropped it off in Wilmington on March 3rd
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »
I called the Prothonotary's office today and was told it was mailed today. I also put a call into the NRA and I'm waiting for a return call. I still feel that the wait for renewals is totally unacceptable and New Applications a 6 month wait is a total joke.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »
I would like everyone here to PLEASE look at this Bill and the 2nd amendment to it.
http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS145.nsf/vwLegislation/HB+226?Opendocument

I do not think anyone here would have a problem with the Bill.  And I'm SURE there would be no
objection to the 2nd amendment to the Bill by anyone here.

Bottom line, the amendment states as long as you filed your renewal BEFORE the expiration
date, your butt is covered.

Here is the status of the Bill:
Jan 12, 2010 - Assigned to Judiciary Committee in Senate
Jun 24, 2009 - Passed by House of Representatives. Votes: Passed 38 YES 0 NO 0 NOT VOTING 3 ABSENT 0 VACANT
Jun 24, 2009 - Amendment HA 2 - Passed in House by Voice Vote
Jun 24, 2009 - Amendment HA 2 - Introduced in House
Jun 24, 2009 - Amendment HA 1 - Passed in House by Voice Vote
Jun 23, 2009 - Amendment HA 1 - Introduced and Placed With Bill
Jun 17, 2009 - Reported Out of Committee (PUBLIC SAFETY & HOMELAND SECURITY) in House with 8 On Its Merits
Jun 11, 2009 - Introduced in House and assigned to Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee
Jun 11, 2009 - Assigned to Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee in House

The Bill has not moved since 12 Jan.  So if you would, please contact your State Sen. and ask them to support this Bill.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:59:28 PM »
Radnor you beat me to posting the Bill however I'm not in favor of this Bill and I'm trying to contact my representative and see if a bill could be written that limits the amount of time the Courts have to process new permits and renewals. I see this current bill as more of a CYA for the courts because when it comes down to if your found carrying with an expired permit how are they going to confirm you re-applied? I fear people are going to end up sitting in lock up until the paperwork is sorted out and if its a Friday afternoon whats going to happen?  I would rather see some sort of time limit put on the Courts like 60 days for renewals and 90 days for new applications. IMO if the courts can't process the applications in a timely manner then there is an issue. It is unacceptable that people are waiting 6 months for a permit. Also I'm hoping to get something added on to address the quality of the permits. I'm hopping to send emails in the next few days to the DSA and to all the state reps. I've just been very busy with work to sit down and draft an email. With that said anyone interested in helping please let me know.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:53:45 PM »
Can everyone help me answer these three questions.

What state agencies or private business use printed ID cards like driver licenses?

What is the current wait time for other states for permit issuing?

What State Senators and Reps are Pro 2A?

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »
Ok, as long as we aren't asking how we know this info:

States: almost all states have DL's like DE's... one plastic card that is printed.
Fed: CIA access cards, all military IDs, and FBI access cards - not credentials.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

mrjam2jab

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 03:10:27 PM »
I know for a fact that PA, UT and CT all use the hard card for their carry licenses....if that's what you were looking for?
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »
I know for a fact that PA, ... all use the hard card for their carry licenses....

DEPENDS on the county you file with.  Centre Co., is a PAPER receipt.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
I don't see much sense in compaining about renewals unless and until somebody dosent get theirs in time. (Kinda like asking to celebrate new years on Dec 28th) as for new permits, I wonder if the state will use the argument of we are a may issue state so there are no guarantees of time. As far as getting bills passed I doubt anything will fly unless we become a shall issue state.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Spartacus

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 11:44:49 PM »
I don't see much sense in compaining about renewals unless and until somebody dosent get theirs in time. (Kinda like asking to celebrate new years on Dec 28th) as for new permits, I wonder if the state will use the argument of we are a may issue state so there are no guarantees of time. As far as getting bills passed I doubt anything will fly unless we become a shall issue state.
If I was a betting man I would bet everything that is exactly what the state will say.