Author Topic: Carried for the first time  (Read 9510 times)

Spartacus

Re: Carried for the first time
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »
How were the lakes?

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »
...so I bought a Safepacker. Now I carry in plain sight, year round, and I don't care who sees it.

After reading rave reviews on the SafePacker, I ordered one and a strap.  Occasionally I am in a hurry (and sweatpants), and don't feel like strapping something on for Home Depot visits or the like.  I have to say that I am not a big fan of the SafePacker, though.  Maybe I'll warm up to it someday, but until then, I have reverted to my 5.11 PUSH pack with a Galco inside for those instances when I opt for off-body carry.   
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 08:45:49 PM »
...so I bought a Safepacker. Now I carry in plain sight, year round, and I don't care who sees it.

After reading rave reviews on the SafePacker, I ordered one and a strap.  Occasionally I am in a hurry (and sweatpants), and don't feel like strapping something on for Home Depot visits or the like.  I have to say that I am not a big fan of the SafePacker, though.  Maybe I'll warm up to it someday, but until then, I have reverted to my 5.11 PUSH pack with a Galco inside for those instances when I opt for off-body carry.   

I've never tried it for off-body carry: I wear it on my belt, at my right hip, as if it were a regular OWB holster.
The Glock 29 size is small, and I'm 6'3" 260 lb, so it isn't really that noticeable.

I fix PCs in strangers' houses for a living. In four years, exactly one person has asked, "What's in the black pouch?"
I told him, and I offered to leave [without fixing his PC] if he had a problem with it. He didn't. He's still a customer.

I have a shoulder strap on the larger Safepacker next to my bed. If I get up at night to investigate a noise, I can slip my G20 and a spare mag over my shoulder just like that.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Rabbit

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 05:33:23 AM »
Mossie do you know what Hurlburt field is like this time of year? I only ask because i will be spending a few weeks there in the near future and it looks like you were in the general area.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
Gross LOL.  Its your typical FL weather.  Muggy and hot.  Typically very high humidity, but overall, not a horrible area. Pretty much beach front.

There's a bar right on the FL AL border that is (was) a good time.  Trying to remember the name of it.  Might be black balled by now.  I know USN was talking about BB'ing it as I was leaving.  Not sure if it ever was. 

If you get over towards Pensacola (USNB), they've got anything and everything. Go see the Blue Angels if you get a chance.  Nice guys.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident