Author Topic: Is the carry of a 1911 possibly fatal 4 U???  (Read 8488 times)

5shot

• AIMED Point Shooting or P&S
Is the carry of a 1911 possibly fatal 4 U???
« on: May 14, 2010, 02:03:18 AM »
Just uploaded a short video to U-tube that discusses the 1911's slide stop pin problem - a fatal one for a 1911 user.

If someone plans to use a 1911 for self defense, he/she may wish to check it out.

The method of shooting that is shown in the short video is for close quarters use, and can be learned and maintained with little or no training.

Just use safe gun handling practices and common sense.

It provides the shooter not using a 1911 with an automatic and correct FSP and an automatic and correct Sight Picture. All he/she need do, is point-n-pull.

To use it with a 1911 or a gun like the 1911, the gun must be modified or it may jam on you, and at the worst possible time, which could be the best of times for the one tryinhg to kill you.

Here's the U-tube link:

YouTube - The 1911's slide stop pin - a fatal flaw?

A misc. item for those who like airplanes:

I also updated my page of WW II fighter pics and fly-by videos.

Here's the link: Pictures And Short Fly-by Videos of WW II Fighter Aircraft

And here are links to 2 nice group pics:

Hopefully, I will get some new videos and pics this weekend and others during this summer.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:08:20 PM by Sigarms12 »
. A pistol is not a rifle, so why shoot one like it is.
. www.pointshooting.com

Hank

Re: Is the carry of a 1911 possibly fatal 4 U???
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »
Hi 5shot.
I have been shooting for a long time and this one Is very new to me. I first used a 1911 pistol In the early 50s In U.S.M.C. boot camp In Paris Island S.C. At this time I own at least 15 1911 pistols, Colt's, Kimber's, Dan Wesson's, Sig's, Springfield's & others. This Is the first time I ever heard of this, and I don't know of anyone else who shoots a 1911 with his/her middle finger, If my right first finger were damaged some how, I think I would go to my weak hand shooting before using my middle right finger as shown with my first digit sticking out as shown. The slide would also be rubbing on my first finger.Another thing would be, you would only have 2 fingers holding onto the grips, very unstable, If you ask me. I have trained with my weak hand shooting many times In the past. I would never go this route.
I also belong to another blog ( 1911 Forum ) and this other blog has at least 75,000 members from all over the U.S. and other countries. And most of the posts are about the 1911 pistol and I have never seen anything like this on there also. Now don't get me wrong or take this the wrong way. I'm saying that I have never seen this before and I'm not saying It's not so!!!
" In God we trust, all others pay cash "
Semper Fi all. Hank.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:48:31 PM by Sigarms12 »

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »
I have seen this middle finger technique described on other sites. I don't think it is very popular. 

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 05:22:50 PM »
The point shooting seems very intuitive. Also seems very lazy if you ask me. It dosent seem to achieve anything that practice with a standard grip won't get you. Also, I own a few 1911s and none of them have slide stop pins that will fall out without racking the slide back to the takedown position.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Hank

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »
Hi everyone.
 I have been looking Into this a little deeper, and I still come up with zero, or If you like,
" If It takes a chicken and a half, an hour and a half, to lay an egg and a half, how long will it take for the wind to blow the feathers off a ducks @@@ "??? I don't mean to be a smart @@@, but much ado about nothing. I guess this one goes Into the " What If file "
Semper Fi all. Hank.

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

Oktane

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:12:32 PM »
I would not give this post much credit. This guy spams this on multiple forums and never contributes anything positive on any forum

http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22840&SearchTerms=is+the+carry+of+a+1911