Author Topic: Still waiting for new ccdw permit  (Read 25471 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Still waiting for new ccdw permit
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 05:34:27 AM »
Oldgreygeek, I filed mine on the first Monday in January and had to wait until the second week in May. From what I understand its all the luck of the draw.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »
Permit finally arrived today.  I had spoken with Sandy at the Prothonatary's office, she was very helpful and I beleive that is the reason why I finally got my permit.  It was held up in the AG's Office.  I hope that we can get this process streamlined.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

wwd

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
Congratulations.    ;D
OC - the single greatest deterrent known to mankind.

ant4

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »
Permit finally arrived today.  I had spoken with Sandy at the Prothonatary's office, she was very helpful and I beleive that is the reason why I finally got my permit.  It was held up in the AG's Office.  I hope that we can get this process streamlined.

When did you submit your paperwork firststatefirearms?

firststatefirearms

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »
March 24th.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

wwd

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:07:47 AM »
I filed mine on March 8th....even took along a box of DDonuts.  Still waiting...I think I'm in week 15.
OC - the single greatest deterrent known to mankind.

Spartacus

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 01:34:29 AM »
Filed mine 8 Weeks ago... This is a long wait and I'm probably not even a third of the way through it yet

Gorski

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »
is the wait still at or about 90 days?
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »
I'm still waiting for mine too, I got a call from a DOJ investigator yesterday from the AG"s office telling me one of my ref's refused to answer the phone and refused to call back after 3 messages were sent, so now i have to send up a new ref and wait even longer...I guess they were trying to contact this ref since 8/1...Great ref he was...and to make it worse, the ref told me he talked to them already...Come on now whose lying? The ref of DOJ, I'm leaning towards the ref, but he still swears he talked to them....Learning that this has held me up for an entire month has not made me very happy, but atleast it should be squared away now...Back to the waiting game!
BS

czer

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 08:57:06 PM »
I applied April 15 and I still have no word either way. If my calculations are correct from what I have heard on dcc, I still could possibly have until end of October - does that seem right?

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 11:22:49 PM »
WOW! Im no math wiz but there dosent seem to be any common time frame. Some get theres in 2.5 months and others are waiting months longer with no word  ???.  Seems they would have a time frame that would be close to the same  ???

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »
Yeah, spoke with my husbands cousin yesterday who filed back in July (14th) and got a call from the AG's office that it was being approved (funny, no one called me.. just a letter)...  and a friend of the cousins who submitted an app about the same time.  Both used each other for references.  They lost one of the reference sheets for the friend -- it was my husbands cousins paper.  so they gave him a few weeks to get the paper re-signed and turned in and then the permit would be issued. 

So, that's less than 60 days for this guy getting his permit issued WITH a paperwork issue...   ???  Mine took 90 days and was hand delivered by my Uncle who is a Senior balif in the court house! 

I wish we knew more about the "behind the scenes" stuff in their office so we just knew what to expect and who we're dealing with.  I'm sure that there are a lot of improvements that could be made to the process to speed it up, but then again, there is one lonely worker in the Pro's office dealing with all our paperwork. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 01:52:44 PM »
moosie your giving me hope . I applied at the end of july, now if the times are the same as your husbands cousin I should only be a couple more weeks  ??? ;D

czer

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 11:19:13 PM »
So, I called Miz Broome at the Prothonotary today, to check about my application status and she told me that they have only just started considering the new applications in July because things were so screwed up with the renewal applicants. Since I applied April 15, I guess that means my ap sat for three months without even being picked up off the pile to start the process. From her way of thinking about it, it is as if I applied in July and if I am lucky, will only have to wait the usual three months (three from July), so I am looking at October as probable ETD! She did not actually say anything so specific but that is how I interpreted it. She would not commit to an estimate when asked directly. She also offered, that if she was not getting so many phone calls bugging her, she could concentrate on getting things done around there! Seriously, is this a very deliberate way of discouraging applicants? Is it my imagination, or have there been alot less newspaper notices of applications for CCDW in the Journal lately? Is Delaware getting the rep of being irresponsible with the way they handle this process?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 11:55:33 PM »
Let's all contact our state representatives, and tell them Ms. Broome needs an assistant...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon