Author Topic: Still waiting for new ccdw permit  (Read 25452 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Still waiting for new ccdw permit
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 12:05:16 AM »
Sorry, but I think Miss Broome needs an attitude adjustment.  I can appreciate the fact that yes, she probably could get her job done a little quicker if we weren't all calling her, but "are you serious?"?!!!  How else is anyone supposed to know if they even GOT the freaking application?!!! 

Yes, she needs an assistant.  Yes, it takes forever to get a permit in DE.  Yes, the entire process is screwed up. 

I really dont see anyway to speed the process up for her.. other than having some sort of a hot line folks could call stating that if you submitted your application prior to X date they are currently being processed, etc.  Leave a message at the tone. 

Sorry, I just have ZERO patience anymore for folks who want to make witty little comments like that when folks are just trying to figure out what is going on. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 12:22:21 AM »
I agree. Something needs to be done to help the process as a whole. And Im sure the state " dosent have the extra funding to add another person for this problem". Im sure they need more teachers and cops and fireman etc etc... more than they need help in such a "non important problem such as cc permits" I can hear them now lol lol. But all joking aside. I run a trouble truck for the power company and I can tell you when theres an electric outage I could get the electric back on ( in some cases) alot faster if everyone didnt stand out in the road waveing me down ( at about every house) asking whats wrong and how long till the electric comes back on  :P.. It does get anoying and it does take up alot of time. I certainly understand wondering how long it will take , But I dont know till I find the problem and see whats wrong first. And No I dont work for delmarva  ;D They suck! I have them myself and I wish I did work on my circuit. It would be on alot faster  getting my lights back on  ;)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
Well, like I said, if there was a "hotline" or some # you could call to check the status that had a simple recording on it, that may cut down on the number of calls she receives...

"Today's date is XYZ.  We are processing concealed carry permits that were filed on or after May 1st, 1989.  If you filed your application prior to this date, please leave your name, number and date you filed at the tone." 

I think most folks just want to know that someone actually received it and its not under her desk in the dusty corner, etc. 

Why have three different process centers anyway?  I mean if its a state issued license, why not take the three salaries of the folks who process them across three counties, put it into one center and have two folks do it...  sorry, but you cant tell me that all three counties are THIS busy with just permits.  Make them both full time CCW permit processers. 

Then again, we are talking about state government...   never mind.  Nothing about them makes any sense.  As soon as they get your money, they dont care how long it takes for you to get it. 

Grrrrr.  If Sheriff Joe runs for prez, he's got my vote. 

Moosie

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »
We need our legislators to impose a time limit, like some other states: permits should be issued or denied within 60 days after application.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »
we need a "like" button on here.  LOL

Oldgray, yup.  That would be even better!

Moosie

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
moosie that sounds like a good ideal. im just afraid they realy dont care much about if anyone gets their ccp or not. by the way they cashed my check 2 days after they recieved it. their quick at that lol

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 04:02:55 PM »
Four months since we filed my wife's application in NCCo.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
Is it true they are still working on applications from 1989?
Okay, just kidding. Believable though.
Czer, you are correct, I always watch the CCDW applicants in the News Journal and the numbers have diminished recently. Maybe it always drops in the fall?
Cheers
Lumspond
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »
it wouldnt surprise me if they WERE still working on something from 1989, however I doubt they're that far behind.

Moosie

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
The wait is  over....I recieved a call today from the Sussex County Prothonatary stating my paperwork had been signed by the judge!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning lol....Now I just need to get my course done and Ill be carrying in no time! I cant wait....For those who are wondering, I submitted my paperwork 5/24/10, so a little under 4 months...Not too bad I guess, still seemed like an eternity though!
BS

mrjam2jab

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 02:55:15 PM »
We need our legislators to impose a time limit, like some other states: permits should be issued or denied within 60 days after application.

Definitely need a time limit....oh and then there's my suggestion back in Post #10.... ::)
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

czer

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 01:38:30 AM »
ravensfootball56 - Congratulations! May we all be so lucky! Of course, I am jealous that I do not have mine yet after 20 weeks...but congratualtions anyway. And may you never find the need to pull your weapon.

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 10:07:53 AM »
Thanks Czer....Question for everyone....does any one know if there is a specified time frame to complete the CCDW training portion now that my app is approved? I was told 2 different things....One person told me 30 days, another told me 90 days, I haven't checked with the prothonotary yet, so that will be my next step if no one here knows a definate answer....Thanks in advance for your help
BS

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 10:34:35 AM »
the Delaware code does not specify any time frame, RavensFootball56.  However, that being said...  get on the horn and get your class done!!  That's the last step between you and your permit!

Moosie

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 10:39:44 AM »
I have it scheduled for September 25th, there is an instructor in Lewes that gets it all done in one 8-10 hour day, classroom portion and range portion for 200 bucks so im signed up with him!
BS