Author Topic: Still waiting for new ccdw permit  (Read 25433 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Still waiting for new ccdw permit
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
Sweet.  Wait... without going and re-reading the course requirements...  is there a time "requirement"?? Just dont want you to spend the money and the time only to find out they screwed up.  I did mine in two 7 hour days (or something like that).  But it was a Saturday classroom, Sunday at the range. 

Just check on that, Ravens. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »
Thanks, ill check into that!
BS

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2010, 05:38:06 PM »
I don't think there is a time requirement. Our guy took about four hours to do the classroom part, and about forty minutes at the range.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »
this guy has been offering the class for a while and i know ppl who have taken it thru him, they were alright so i assume i will be too
BS

mrjam2jab

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »
From 1441...no time frame required

(3) Every such applicant shall file in the office of the Prothonotary of the proper county the application verified by oath or affirmation in writing taken before an officer authorized by the laws of this State to administer the same, and shall under such verification state that the applicant's certificate and recommendation were read to or by the signers thereof and that the signatures thereto are in the proper and genuine handwriting of each. Prior to the issuance of an initial license the person shall also file with the Prothonotary a notarized certificate signed by an instructor or authorized representative of a sponsoring agency, school, organization or institution certifying that the applicant: (i) has completed a firearms training course which contains at least the below described minimum elements; and (ii) is sponsored by a federal, state, county or municipal law enforcement agency, a college, a nationally recognized organization that customarily offers firearms training, or a firearms training school with instructors certified by a nationally recognized organization that customarily offers firearms training. The firearms training, course shall include the following elements:

a. Instruction regarding knowledge and safe handling of firearms;

b. Instruction regarding safe storage of firearms and child safety;

c. Instruction regarding knowledge and safe handling of ammunition;

d. Instruction regarding safe storage of ammunition and child safety;

e. Instruction regarding safe firearms shooting fundamentals;

f. Live fire shooting exercises conducted on a range, including the expenditure of a minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition;

g. Identification of ways to develop and maintain firearm shooting skills;

h. Instruction regarding federal and state laws pertaining to the lawful purchase, ownership, transportation, use and possession of firearms;

i. Instruction regarding the laws of this State pertaining to the use of deadly force for self defense; and

j. Instruction regarding techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to manage a violent confrontation, including conflict resolution.
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »
AWESOME Thanks so much
BS

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »
Sweet!

Thanks for posting!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident