Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 11373 times)

triangle172

New Guy
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:30:51 AM »
Hello All,
Just joined after reading for awhile. I am a former NJ State PO but have lived in DE for many years.
I have permits for both PA and DE...well I had a DE permit as of May 31. I sent my renewal in sometime in March...yeah, I know, but who would have thought that would be doggin it?? As of this writing, I still do not have my renewed permit and it is June 3. I'm overseas on business but before I left last week, I called the Prothonotarys Office for NCC and got a voice recording stating how busy they were for those of us renewing and that the time it takes for them to speak on the phone is valuable time wasted for processing our renewals! I for one do not believe that there are so many new applications that are clogging the process. There is more to it then that.
 My question is not if you can legally carry with the expired permit or not.
It is what is to stop the State from saying that your permit expired and you need to reapply as a new applicant?

Anyway, thanks for a great forum. Interested to hear your thoughts! ???

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
First let me say welcome, and as far as the State saying you need to reapply I could see that if your renewal was delivered after May 31st but since its a bag log I think that everyone who has not receive their permit yet will be ok. But I do stress everyone please write your representative about this. The more we write the better chance we have they will listen.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

triangle172

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:25:14 AM »
June 6 and still waiting for my renewed permit. Don't want to call and distract everyone while they are busy processing all those new and renewal permits. :o

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
Triangle,

First, welcome to the site! Glad you've joined us.

But second, CALL CALL CALL!! LOL  If you're permit hasn't arrived by now, I would most certainly be on the horn at least checking to see if they have it, etc. 

Look forward to seeing more of your posts!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »
Yeah, giving them a call can't hurt.  Years ago, calling was the only way that I found that they had lost my entire application package.  And calling was the only way that my buddy found out that his permit had been mailed to him, but never received.    
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

triangle172

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »
If I do not receive it by Weds. this week, I'll call. I'm overseas right now so it will have to wait. That would be a real PIA if they lost the package. Even more so if it were mailed and not received. Well...thinking about it, I guess either/both are about the same level hassle and expense.
Meanwhile, I see if the check was ever cashed. Just thought of that one!

triangle172

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »
Just checked banking statements going back to early/mid march and no check to the State was cashed. This could be a problem. I don't know the mechanics of the process as to the point where they cash the check. I'm sure they do it as soon as they get though. Maybe I'll call sooner rather then later.

Oktane

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 07:05:52 PM »
Yeah a call wouldn't hurt. When my application was taking much longer than normal I called and politely asked for a status. They ended up thanking me for my call, apparently they misplaced an entire stack of application's waiting to be processed and my call pointed them in the right direction to find it. Received mine 3 days later after the call. ;D