Author Topic: I went to the prothonotary  (Read 29840 times)

GLOCK23

I went to the prothonotary
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »
i went to the prothonatory office today to drop off my training certificate which i did yesterday ..the lady there confirmed that the judge granted my permit..she said wait one to two weeks and the pemit will be mailed to me...i started the process in noverber last year...i dropped off the application the first week in december with everything except the training certificate so in total it if i add the 2 more weeks i  have to wait about 15 weeks ...almost 3 months...i think thats good time because they have alot of applicants...i will let you guys and gal (i think we only have one female member here..correct me if i am wrong she is Moosie)..thank u for reading
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:51:55 PM by gun nut »

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: i went to the prothonotary
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:12:21 PM »
Congrat! Now the fun part of trying to find a place in your wallet for it.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:02:44 PM »
Cool!  Question...  if you had your training certificate when you handed in your application woudl that have sped the process up at all?
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »
I've thought of that too. I imagine it would if the class was recent. I know they used to require the class before you applied and then they just mailed you your permit if you were approved.

GLOCK23

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:51:08 AM »
thanks for the reply....moosie i think it would speed up the process if u send it in with the application becuase if u wait u would the office will send u a letter when u are approved then u have to send it in...so if u send it in with the application u cut out the time that the prothonotary would have to send you the mail stating u have to send in the certificate,.,,,if that makes sense

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:08:03 AM »
If your gonna take your class early make sure you have no black mark on your back ground.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 11:37:52 AM »
No black marks here, but curious as to your definition of "black mark". 

I plan on sending everything in all together. Regardless of whether I get my permit approved or not (can't see why I wouldnt.. but then again we're in a "may issue" state!) I think the class will be good and a refresher for me. I don't plan on selling any of my firearms (although I won't carry concealed without a permit) so whether I take the class before or after I think is good thing.  I wish I could get hubby to go to the class too... but he's never shot anything (yet) and has no interest in carrying or even having a gun LOL! 

Thanks for your info guys.  Hope to send everything in the middle of March after my class is finished. 

Thanks! Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
A black mark would be any type of assault charge, restraining order, ect...

If you have a DUI, public intox, ect... you should be fine.
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
Any arrest in the past five years may be grounds for denial. Remember the DOJ looks for reasons to say NO. Remember who's in charge there.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »
Well, thankfully, I've been a good girl.  So no worries here, I was just curious as to what they look at as a "black mark". 

Thanks!

Moosie

lfcmendes

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 12:32:09 PM »

Were you contacted by any investigator while your application was with the DOJ?

i went to the prothonatory office today to drop off my training certificate which i did yesterday ..the lady there confirmed that the judge granted my permit..she said wait one to two weeks and the pemit will be mailed to me...i started the process in noverber last year...i dropped off the application the first week in december with everything except the training certificate so in total it if i add the 2 more weeks i  have to wait about 15 weeks ...almost 3 months...i think thats good time because they have alot of applicants...i will let you guys and gal (i think we only have one female member here..correct me if i am wrong she is Moosie)..thank u for reading

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »
I never was

GLOCK23

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »
glock 19 if that question is for me ..no they did not contact me. they check my 3 reference.s..that was from in the first week of January and i didn't get the letter until the middle of February..now i have this long wait for them to make my permit and send it to me...i have been trying some holster and none feel right i t felt better just tucking the gun by my side and go...do u recommend carrying without a holster?

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:16 PM »
I was never contacted either and I don't think any of my references were, Taurus 221 did they call you about me? I personlly wouldn't just tuck it in my pants. First off I'll say Plaxico! Also if you have it in a holster and somebody sees it they may just think your a LEO of some sort. If its tucked in your pants they may think your a crook. But if thats the way you are most compfortable maybe look into some of those clips that attach to your gun and slip onto your belt. I've tried them with a few Kel Tecs and for those guns they really do a nice hob.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »
Uncle Mikes makes a nice universal holster for like $15.00 that's surprisingly comfortable