Author Topic: New Castle County Parks - Councilman Tackett  (Read 13703 times)

firststatefirearms

New Castle County Parks - Councilman Tackett
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »
I spoke with Councilman Tansey's Office today.  He is not willing to pursue the New Castle County Park regulation change.  However Councilman Tackett had discussed changing the regulation with Councilman Tansey some time ago.  If someone that lives in Councilman Tackett's district could call his office and get the ball rolling maybe we can get the park regulation changed.  I am going to contact the NRA legislative section for assistance.  Hopwfully someone will be able to help us.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: New Castle County Parks - Councilman Tackett
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »
Dave Tackett is a very dear personal friend of mine.  If he says he's going to do it, trust me, he will.  Even if you dont live in Dave's district, you can always call him to show your support. 

Feel free to PM me, email me, or post here if you have questions.  I'm volunteering to be the messenger from us to Dave if need be.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »
Sounds good to me Moosie.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 03:27:43 AM »
Moosie,

Have you contacted Councilman Tackett's office?  I am interested to see what his office said.  I will be calling shortly and would like to have a base line of what he thinks.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »
Ok, sorry for the delay.  I've actually had something to do at work!!  (a huge change from the typical mundane day at the office).

Here is the response I got from Dave Tackett. 

"Yea I spoke to Tansey and tried to get that included and he refused. This is not going any where soon, I was going to move it but then the county executive and the police chief asked to leave it like it is, which in a since is a law that can not be enforced. Because if someone from the group did take a gun into the park and an officer made them leave and the group backed a law suite they would win because of the disparages in the law.
But from our side it is not going anywhere for a while." 

The "group" by the way that he's referring to is ours. He'll keep me posted if there's a time to bring this up again for change.  Dave is very approachable. If anyone wants to talk to him directly, I would strongly encourage that.  Heck of a nice guy. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
So...is he saying that if somebody were caught carrying in a park there isn't anything that could really be done to them?
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 05:11:04 PM »
I think what he said is that if someone who is a legal concealed carry permit holder, were forced to leave the park and that person (along with a bunch of other permit holders) filed a law suit against the county, in his opinion, they would win the suit because of the the downfalls in the law. 

Moosie

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
If the law opens the County up to a law suit then why not change it ???

Hank

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 12:51:20 PM »
Hi everyone.
I don't know whats wrong with you people, don't you all know that the Goverment Is our friends, they are here to help us simple people, Just like the Goverment from Washington, why can't you understand that???
Semper Fi all. Hank

firststatefirearms

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 07:09:22 PM »
Does anyone know how to get ahold of the NRA to assist us with this change.  County goverment works for the People not the other way around.  It is time that the People hold their elected offical responsible for the oath that they took.  I will be calling New Castle County legal department, to look into this matter. 

If it takes filing a law suit then I guess that is what we will have to do.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
I would think it would be the NRA ILA or you can contact the Delaware Sportsman's Association they are the Delaware NRA Group.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »
Update:

I spoke with CAO Gregory (Former Police Chief) last week.  I questioned him on why the County Executive and Himself told Councilman Tackett to leave the Park REgulation alone.  His answer was vague and typical political ramble.  But I did find out that House Bill 124 that was introduced in April 2009, would have given the county the power to enact gun laws.  Basicly the county was trying for an exemption from the preemption.  But HB 124 has been in committee since it was introduced.  I have spoken with a rep from DSSA, he said that the HB 124 is pretty much dead in comittee.  There aren't enough votes to pass it.  I am waiting on a call back from CAO Gregory.  I will see how the county wants to proceed to resolve this matter.  I don't think that Mr. Coons (running for senate {THAT'S A JOKE}), Mr. Gregory (trying to become Seattle's new Police Chief), need any negitive publicity.  But now is the time to push the county to do the right thing.  I will keep you all updated as I get more information.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »
Thanks for the update.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »
Finally got a response from CAO Gregory.  He suggested I contact the Counsel to Council Danner at the County.  I will be giving her a call today.  I am hoping the County will get off their @@@ and change this regulation.  I will keep everyone updated.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 08:06:21 PM »
I spoke with Counsel to Council Danner.  She stated that we could try to get the legislation passed again.  I am planning on contact one of the council members to try and get this passed again.  I will keep everyone updated.