Author Topic: Question about PA permit  (Read 12147 times)

g23

Question about PA permit
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
On PA permit app it asks for two references. Do they have to live in PA?

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Question about PA permit
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
I dont remember that question on mine but I know I wouldnt have put any that do live in PA.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

g23

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
Thanks gunenvy. Ill be mailing this out today!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
Dont remember what I put on mine (copy of it is not here).  If you are mailing to Centre Co., you'll have it in within 2 weeks.  It's NOTHING like the wait for DEL.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 12:46:16 AM »
They do not have to be PA residents. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

g23

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »
They do not have to be PA residents. 

thanks. I mailed it out today!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »
To what county?
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

g23

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »
centre

g23

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »
So I mailed my app out last week on the 11th and I got the permit in the mail today... Thats almost scary how fast that went. I guess im done with my permits since I dont see the need for any others.  Im not sure what I have to look foward to now that im done.lol..  For the last 6 months I was so excited about getting my DE permit and now that I have that and my PA i guess I will have to find sometihng else to keep my mind busy.. Maybe more range time would be a good idea.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:59:29 PM by g23 »

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »
Now copy the receipt @ 60% and laminate the copy (and carry it).  Keep original safe.

g23

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
Now copy the receipt @ 60% and laminate the copy (and carry it).  Keep original safe.

thanks for the tip.. i have to relaminate my delaware too.. I cut it so it would fit in my wallet and now the laminate is coming off >:(...

mrjam2jab

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
So I mailed my app out last week on the 11th and I got the permit in the mail today... Thats almost scary how fast that went. I guess im done with my permits since I dont see the need for any others.  Im not sure what I have to look foward to now that im done.lol..  For the last 6 months I was so excited about getting my DE permit and now that I have that and my PA i guess I will have to find sometihng else to keep my mind busy.. Maybe more range time would be a good idea.

getting FL and/or UT would be your next logical step... ;D  Some of us up here in PA had to get one of those just so we could carry in DE...but there are several other states they give as well.

Florida

Utah
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

g23

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 02:30:09 PM »
I dont think im going to get a FL or utah permit. At least at this time anyway.. I dont travel much and when I do its by air and im not sure if I want to fly with a gun. I mean I wish I could carry it with me on the plane but since thats not going to happen im not sure if I want to check my gun with the rest of my stuff. I have lost my bags before and it would really suck if my gun was lost too.

Gorski

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 12:06:55 AM »
great tip about copying and laminating the PA permit, gonna work on that now
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

glock9

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »

thanks for the tip.. i have to relaminate my delaware too.. I cut it so it would fit in my wallet and now the laminate is coming off >:(...

take it to staples. they will hot laminate it for $1.00.. very profesinal job