Author Topic: EAA Witness Match  (Read 25647 times)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
EAA Witness Match
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:09:12 PM »
After some time kicking around what new handgun to buy I decided on the Wtness Match in 45 acp from EAA

btw...I couldnt find our camera so I "lifted" this pic from another site.

The Witness is bulit by Tangfolio in their custom shop and imported to the states by EAA. It is a hefty gun at 33 oz, styled after the famous CZ 75. The oversize mag release, safety and slide release are all located in the normal spots. One thing 1911 fans like myself would like is that with the safety in the on postion you can still rack the slide back to check and clear the chamber. ( I know some of the big time custom shops do this now but this gun didnt cost $2000 +) The single action only trigger breaks under 4 lbs (my trigger scale isnt digital) with very little take up and thanks to the installed over travel screw, no unneccesary overtravel. The trigger pull is clean with no grittyness and breaks cleanly. The only negative I can find on the gun, and for me its minor, is that the sights are all black. There are not dots on them, but replacements are available from some after market seller and I will be placing a fiber optic on the front soon. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, and gives a nice crisp view of the front post. Takedown is simple,  cock the hammer, rack back the slide a hair and push the slide stop out.

I will be getting it to the range next week and will post a range report and hopefully some targets with no centers.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:22:49 PM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: EAA Witness Match
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:16:54 AM »
Are the grips on there "rubberized" like a pachmayer?  or is it a harder/smoother composite? 

Let us know how it does at the range.  Looks beautiful!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
The grips are a hard plastic not cushy like the pachs or houges. To be honest, I'm not crazy about them, but I don't have a gun that I've left the factory grips on(except my polymer pistols)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:03:07 PM »
...but I don't have a gun that I've left the factory grips on(except my polymer pistols)

Yup. Me neither. 

Looks like a nice piece. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:05:10 PM »
It is a nice looking gun.  What does it eat (cal)?  Range report please after you take her out.

I'm waiting on a Para GI45S stainless.  Should be in early next week.  Have 100 rounds sittin
here waitin to go bang...
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »
This one is 45acp, but EAA sells replacement slide and bbl combos for 22lr upto 10mm. I'm takin her out monday, so ill get the range report up soon.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 07:16:13 PM »
Range report
Overall I'm very pleased with the performance of the Witness and disappointed with my own. I fired 100 rounds thru her today and didnt have one gun malfunction. During the first few mags I did experience 4 times that the slide didn't lock back following the last round, but as the shooting went on that stopped. For now I'm going to contribute that to a tight recoil spring maybe moving faster than the mag spring. The trigger as expected was very smooth and consistent. While the sights were my one dislike with the gun I do have to say I had no trouble seeing them (the target is a different story). The grips on the other hand I do find thicker than what I like. The range was hot today and my hands were sweaty making follow up shots difficult to take without adjusting my grip. I shot some groups from sandbags to see what I could ring from the gun and it delivered sub 2" groups at 50'. Not thinking I threw away that target, but I will see if I can't improve on that next time at the range. This group was shot offhand at 50' near the end of my trip. Very embarrased by it but I will post it anyway and believe me when I say the gun didnt do this, it was all me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:25:02 PM by GunEnvy »

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 09:27:20 PM »
GunEnvy I was wondering what made you choose a EAA Witness and now I see why. Just one question does she come with the gun?  ;D

" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 11:49:22 PM »
aww man.... I dont think mine came with that rebate form ;D Its difficult enough to hide the gun from my wife, it would be @@@@ near impossible to hide one of her too.

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »
what's the cost of the gun
I got the fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell

NRA Member

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
Don't know if you'll get an answer. He hasn't been on since November and it's a 6 year old thread.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 01:35:44 PM »
bummer, looks like a nice gun, but looks like a 1911 style.i have a nice 1911, don't need another as of now

NRA Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 04:32:56 PM »
But 1 is none and two is 1 ... So yes of course you need 1 more.  ;D

FreakShow

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 04:54:47 PM »
i ride in a sober motorcycle club, although i myself am not in recovery, i just stopped drinking because of my own health reasons, i still have that addictive personality. i've got the gun bug now and it's hard to shake

NRA Member

NormH3

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 08:10:51 PM »
bummer, looks like a nice gun, but looks like a 1911 style.i have a nice 1911, don't need another as of now

Not really a 1911 style. Wrong trigger