Firearms and Equipment Reviews > Firearms Review

EAA Witness Match

(1/5) > >>

GunEnvy:
After some time kicking around what new handgun to buy I decided on the Wtness Match in 45 acp from EAA

btw...I couldnt find our camera so I "lifted" this pic from another site.

The Witness is bulit by Tangfolio in their custom shop and imported to the states by EAA. It is a hefty gun at 33 oz, styled after the famous CZ 75. The oversize mag release, safety and slide release are all located in the normal spots. One thing 1911 fans like myself would like is that with the safety in the on postion you can still rack the slide back to check and clear the chamber. ( I know some of the big time custom shops do this now but this gun didnt cost $2000 +) The single action only trigger breaks under 4 lbs (my trigger scale isnt digital) with very little take up and thanks to the installed over travel screw, no unneccesary overtravel. The trigger pull is clean with no grittyness and breaks cleanly. The only negative I can find on the gun, and for me its minor, is that the sights are all black. There are not dots on them, but replacements are available from some after market seller and I will be placing a fiber optic on the front soon. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, and gives a nice crisp view of the front post. Takedown is simple,  cock the hammer, rack back the slide a hair and push the slide stop out.

I will be getting it to the range next week and will post a range report and hopefully some targets with no centers.

Moosie:
Are the grips on there "rubberized" like a pachmayer?  or is it a harder/smoother composite? 

Let us know how it does at the range.  Looks beautiful!

Moosie

GunEnvy:
The grips are a hard plastic not cushy like the pachs or houges. To be honest, I'm not crazy about them, but I don't have a gun that I've left the factory grips on(except my polymer pistols)

Moosie:

--- Quote from: GunEnvy on July 16, 2010, 11:57:28 AM ---...but I don't have a gun that I've left the factory grips on(except my polymer pistols)

--- End quote ---

Yup. Me neither. 

Looks like a nice piece. 

Moosie

Radnor:
It is a nice looking gun.  What does it eat (cal)?  Range report please after you take her out.

I'm waiting on a Para GI45S stainless.  Should be in early next week.  Have 100 rounds sittin
here waitin to go bang...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version