Author Topic: BOOM!!! Went the intruder...  (Read 10267 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
BOOM!!! Went the intruder...
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:38:21 PM »
Awesome article where justice was served. While I truly feel for the family that had to go through this, and the woman who struggled with the intruder, I am so glad that it ended this way.  I wish every criminal could read this and take heed.  Alas, they wont. 

Sleep with one eye open my friends!

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100806/NEWS/100806049/Woman+intruder+shot+to+death+in+Md.+home

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: BOOM!!! Went the intruder...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:47:20 PM »
This was a truly sad story... the intruder was clearly having mental issues... but I'm glad the family was armed, and thankful that they were able to defend themselves.

Oh, and it also illustrates Rule #1 in our house:
"Answer the door armed, or don't answer it at all."
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
I love your Rule #1 !!!! 
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
Wow, I don't know how I missed this -- both here and in TNJ.  As difficult as it can be sometimes, I still believe that it is important to read the comments to the articles in the aforementioned rag.  If it does nothing else, it should solidify your belief that some of your neighbors either come from planet WhackJob, or they have chemical or emotional problem – coupled with a serious learning disability.       
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Gorski

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »
shame but ended in right way
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County