Author Topic: Another newbie from Southrn Delaware  (Read 16251 times)

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
Another newbie from Southrn Delaware
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:06:48 PM »
Hey all, I've just received my permit and then found your website. I was searching for some answers to my many questions and was glad to find you! I still have a few other questions that I'll post in the appropriate places- just wanted to say hi first. I'll be thankful for any help! Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Another newbie from Southrn Delaware
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
Hi Pete,

Glad you've gotten your permit and found us!!  Looking forward to helping with your questions and seeing you on the boards.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

czer

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
Pete D. - I am still waiting for any word about my pending permit, which I applied for mid-April. How long did yours take?

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »
Thanks Mossie, and to czer- I applied at the end of April and got the permit in the mail about 2 weeks ago- that's in Sussex County. I just found out that the AG's office called a couple of my references- I guess that helped! When I applied I was told by the Prothonotary that it would be about 3 months which was right on. Hopefully your's will not be far off. Pete D.---

czer

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 12:24:22 AM »
Darn, I applied mid-April and have not heard from anybody, hope that does not mean there is something wrong...I already took the course, so as far as I am concerned, I am ready to go...Does applying from Sussex make a difference? I am in New Castle.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 12:28:31 AM »
I was told newcastle was the fastest return . Something about kent and sussex sends all theirs to newcastle because thats where the only investigators are that work the cc permits  ???

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »
Hey czer, did you have to advertise your full address in the paper? I think I was the last one that got away with only adding my town. That was becasue I had contacted the paper one day and got a price to run my ad, and then when I called back the next day to have it run I was told that the prothonotary had called them saying now we had to add the full street address. Arrgghh! I called the prothonotary and got a lucky exception. Sounds like I got lucky with the permit time too! Usually I'm way on the other end of these things! Hopefully your permit will not be much longer- Take care, Pete D.---

czer

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »
Pete D. - yes, I advertised my full address...Did you have any clue that the process was proceeding as you waited, or BOOM, did you just get the permit after waiting months?

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
I thought I remember reading that you have to send your application into the county in which you reside?? 

I would think Sussex would be faster. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »
czer- yeah it was just "boom". I like when things go BOOM! I found out later that a couple of my refs got called- I guess they said good things about me for a change! I'll have to ask who called them so I can see which county was doing the calling, but, Moosie, I too thought each county did their own "investigating" and I always thought Sussex would be faster as well. I'll post my findings when I get up with my refs again.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 06:13:58 PM »
Did you get a copy of the AG's letter to the Court, saying that they didn't object to your application, before you got the permit?

I got one when I first applied... we're waiting on my wife's application, and I'm wondering whether we'll get that letter this time.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
Old Gray, you should get that letter for your wife too. 

Moosie

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 09:44:21 PM »
No- I didn't get a letter from the AG's- just the permit with a short letter from the proth. with the permit. Hmmm Pete D.---

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 08:59:55 PM »
Old Gray,

refresh my memory.  What county did you file in? 

Moosie.

Pete - nothing saying they have to send that letter.  I'm thinking NCC does it to keep people off their backs.  they are backed up BIG TIME.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 10:33:53 PM »
We live in New Castle County.
I got my permit in 2005, and got my 5-year renewal May 30th; we dropped off my wife's application in early May.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon