Author Topic: from smyrna area  (Read 12905 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
from smyrna area
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
Just wanted to say hi to all. I have applied for my ccdw permit at the end of july. I also took the class but I have heard that the instructor has been shut down since I took the class  ???. Im waiting on a call back from the ag office to see what the deal is. Im affraid I will need to take another class?? Does anyone know of one that isnt drug out for days, i would rather spend 1 long day instead of several days. As close to smyrna as possible( with a reasonable price) . Thanks!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: from smyrna area
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »
Did you get a certificate for the class you took?
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »
Did you get a certificate for the class you took?
Yes , but im told others that took the class before me have been called by the ag office and told they need to take another class?? I called the ag office today but I had to leave message and they didnt return my call  ::). My gut felling is that something was not legit with the trainer.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »
If you don't mind who did you take the class through? I'm sure people would want to know in case they took the class through the same person.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 10:42:25 PM »
If you don't mind who did you take the class through? I'm sure people would want to know in case they took the class through the same person.
I would rather not say yet, just because I dont want to falsley accuse someone if I am getting some of the story wrong. Once I hear from the ag I will gladly post. I have not seen class advertised on here if that helps.  :-\

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »
Good news! I heard from some officials and theres a few different stories I am hearing but my certificate is good  ;D. Im told the instructor was using certificates that were not in line with the states laws. But since he was told of the problem he must of changed around to meet requirements. I sent my paperwork in the end of july and was told it should be another month or so.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 07:58:23 PM »
Muleman, I'm assuming you're Kent Co? 

If it's new castle county you put your paperwork in, someone's blowing smoke my friend.  It might be another month until your paperwork makes it to the top of the pile to actually be looked at and get started!!

I'm hoping this isnt the case for you. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
Muleman, I'm assuming you're Kent Co? 

If it's new castle county you put your paperwork in, someone's blowing smoke my friend.  It might be another month until your paperwork makes it to the top of the pile to actually be looked at and get started!!

I'm hoping this isnt the case for you. 

Moosie
Im in new castle county. I spoke with an officer today that works with the cc permits and he looked me up to check if the class was good ( because of all thats happened with that class) and he said  They have my paperwork and they cashed the check july 28th ( I think) , Which was probably the day after they recieved it. And he said should be another month or so ??? Maybe the "or so" part means a couple more months     ::).  Although the question I ask him was " in his opinion when can I expect my permit". I guess Ill find out when it gets here, I just hope its a reasonable time , Maybe 3 months  :-\

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
Well, I hope for your sake that it shows up sooner rather than later. 

But I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident