Author Topic: Found some good lube  (Read 12391 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Found some good lube
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:17:41 AM »
A  friend introduced me to these gun wipes and long term storage lubes. Thought I would share incase someone was interested, good products!   http://www.wallysoriginal.com/

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Found some good lube
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:20:05 AM »
Ordering is snail mail only but he lives in Nj so its not that far and hes quick to ship once he recieves the check . I was told the military had high reviews on his products when they tested them.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:08:33 AM »
Wally is usually set up with a booth at the gun show at Nur Temple twice a year.
New Castle County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »
Wheres Nur Temple ? I have never there , actually I have never been to any gun show.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »
Nur temple is in New Castle county, Delaware, at the rte 13 and Rte 40 split. On the NB rte 13 side. Next gun show is Oct 16-17.
New Castle County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:15 PM »
Thanks. I will have to try and make it.

Thlax

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 05:43:47 AM »
Check out Ballistol. It's my everything.

rusirius

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 01:19:37 AM »
I've always been a big fan of Sentry Solutions myself.  The TUF-CLOTH is awesome for wiping down.  The Smooth-Kote is AWESOME.  I use it for my slides and pretty much any moving part.  Completely dry and oil free so no dust or dirt ever sticks to it.  On my RA XCR which is supposed to take about 400 shots for break in where it will reliably throw brass about 8-10 feet on any setting less than 4 was treated with this stuff before I ever fired it the first time.  It was practically broken in right from the start.  I've got probably at least 7000 rounds through it now and I've only re-treated with the stuff once... And not because it needed it or was showing signs of wear, but just because I had no idea how long the stuff would actually last.  I also treated the barrel with Skooth-Kote and BP2000 using the same type of technique Rock Creek Barrels uses.  Can I say for sure it made any sort of difference?  Of course not... But what I can tell you is my rifle shoots quite a bit more accurately than other XCRs do.  Was it because of the treatment or did I just get lucky?  Who knows... But it certainly didn't hurt!

And if you've never used the skooth-kote and are thinking it's a typical "Dry lube", think again... Every dry lube I've ever tried was barely worth the packaging it was in.  Sure it's dryer than a straight oil based product, but it still leaves a coating on the surface and might not attract dust and dirt the way oil does, but still does enough.  The SS stuff bonds to the surface, it's almost like in penetrates the metal (it doesn't, but it's the effect it presents).  You feel nothing but the metal, albeit a much slicker and smoother metal!

Sorry, not trying to steal the thunder from any other products, and for all I know others may be just as good or better... But I do know the SS stuff is a lot better than anything I've ever had my hands on!  And hey, if it's good enough for the SEALS, it's good enough for me!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:34:48 AM by rusirius »

gun nut

• Life Member
  • this is my rifle and here is a pistol....
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 02:14:25 AM »
A  friend introduced me to these gun wipes and long term storage lubes. Thought I would share incase someone was interested, good products!   http://www.wallysoriginal.com/

Wally makes some good stuff.
Gun control is hitting your target

Capnball

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 04:02:00 AM »
I used to do gun-shows as a vendor back in the late 80s through the 90s (before the Clinton FFL mess) where I met Wally, and got introduced to his products. They do work pretty much as advertised. Wally worked on the railroad for many years which where he learned about metals and corrosion and began mixing up the "stuff" I' still have several small tubs of his mix. Works well on traditional muzzleloading locks without the cold weather binding that seems to happen with commercial lubes. Wally is getting older now, I hope he has passed on the recipe to a younger person. Wally is a character, every bit the pitchman of older time gone by.