Author Topic: lockable case  (Read 11138 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
lockable case
« on: August 28, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »
Does anybody have any recomendations on a lockable case that has a cable to attach it to something like under a seat? Need to get one for when I need to lock up instead of carry  . I seen their are different ones but was hoping someone would have dealt with them and can stear me in the right dirrections . Thanks!

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: lockable case
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
I would saycheck out the nano from gun vault. Theyre priced around $40 or so and small enough to fit under most seats.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 09:02:10 PM »
Will do Thanks.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »
Was just looking myself at Cabela's website. Good selection of lock boxes, including one with a cable.
New Castle County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 11:20:17 PM »
Ordered the nano 300 today through amazon. $38.95 free shipping.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »
Cool, make sure you give us a review when you get it.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 01:44:16 AM »
shure will.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 02:31:43 AM »

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »
Well I got the nano 300 in the mail.  I was impressed with how strong it seems to be made. ( not indestructable but tuff) they say its rated at 1500 lb. I also like the combination lock. It keeps me from carrying another key  ;D. I like the cable attachment . It attaches to fixed object ( such as under a seat) then you have some slack to pull it out and once its opend you can easily take the cable off the actual case. I thought that would be handy if you used it for several locations, all you would need is extra cables. The one thing I didnt like about it was that it stinks like moth balls . I seen some other reviews that said the same thing but it truly does stink. The foam inside isnt as tuff as I thought it would be , I think it would be better if it was more dense. Overall I like it and think it will do its job just fine . I even think it will keep the moths out of my truck lol.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
Thanks for the info, I'm really considering one.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Schmenge

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »
I bought two from Cabelas. Steel cable, comb lock. They are a bit on the small side, but fit my needs just fine. I used them when I went on vacation. Came in handy when traveling through the Peoples Republic of Maryland. I use them when I visit relatives that don't like guns (gasp!). The cable wraps around the seat mounts in the car and there's enough cable to pull the box out from under the seat to lock or unlock the gun. Pretty handy.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 11:43:47 PM »
Ok, so I need some clarification here.. 

when traveling through MD, I always put my gun in the trunk.... locked in the case, mags and excess ammo up front with me.  The way I'm reading how folks are using their cable lock boxes, is that their gun is in the car with them (albeit locked)....  is this "legal" for MD? 

Mucho Gracias

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 12:02:06 AM »
I don't think so.
For Maryland, I think one needs to adhere to the federal transport standard:

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926A
§ 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political
subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping,
or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he
may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry
such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any
ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment
of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the
driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove
compartment or console.

For NJ, the standard is the same... except don't stop anywhere, even for a snack: just keep driving. Once you stop anywhere in NJ, you are no longer passing through.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 12:30:04 AM »
I plan on using mine under the seat of my truck. I dont own a car so I dont have a trunk. I dont know where else I can put it to suit them other than in a locked case under the seat, because the glove box is not acceptable    ???

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 12:41:30 AM »
As long as it's not loaded, you should be fine, MM88.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon