Author Topic: lockable case  (Read 11542 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: lockable case
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 01:05:46 AM »
Thanks for the responses. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 02:14:52 AM »
I purchased the Nano 200 case from an Ebay store. It arrived broken. There is a separate piece on the bottom, that catches the peg when you lock it down with the key. Looks like it needed to be welded to the bottom. But it was loose. No way to lock it. Looking at the surface almost seems it was glued on. Hope not. Contacted the ebay vendor to return it. See how smoothly this goes.
Lumspond
New Castle County

Schmenge

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
When I go thru MD, if I'm in the truck the gun is unloaded, locked in the box fastened to the BACK seat frame. Ammo is locked in the second box.  If I'm in the car, the gun is locked in the box in the trunk, fastened to the spare tire. Same with the ammo. I take no chances in MD. In DE (or other legal states), if I have to leave the gun in the car, I'll lock it in the box under my seat.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
Thanks old grey.  Am I correct by saying that, if the guns unloaded but the clip with ammo is in the same lock box as the gun cable locked under the seat that is ok ???  I didnt see where it said anything about being seperate just unloaded. I would think that would be better than ammo ( seperated from the gun) in my console or anywhere in plain view as far as that goes. Maryland is tuff for me . I travel over there often and want to be sure im not breaking the law.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
I'm just not sure about where to store the ammo. The Federal law doesn't seem to specify, and I don't know how the average Maryland or NJ state trooper would react to my Glock in the same box as a loaded magazine.
This doesn't come up often for me, because I don't bring a gun at all when I drive into Maryland. On those rare occasions when I travel through MD expecting to emerge on the other side and re-arm, I empty the mags and put the ammo in a box, but maybe I'm being too careful.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 11:25:20 PM »
That sounds like the most senseable thing to do.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 05:52:35 PM »
I'm just not sure about where to store the ammo. The Federal law doesn't seem to specify, and I don't know how the average Maryland or NJ state trooper would react to my Glock in the same box as a loaded magazine.

IANAL, But...  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000926---A000-.html

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 11:44:28 PM »

IANAL, But...  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000926---A000-.html

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

That is the biggest crock of feces there is.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 06:06:06 PM »
That's what the Feds say...
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.