Author Topic: Why does the Delaware State News need personal information?  (Read 5559 times)

kent

Why does the Delaware State News need personal information?
« on: August 29, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
When I went to the Del. state news to arrange general circulation for my request for a ccdw license they refused to place the ad in their paper without a copy of the original request of my ccdw application that was to be handed to the prothonotary.  She said this is standard procedure. I have since learned that other newspapers do not have this policy of keeping your personal information.  Has anyone else experienced this invasion of privacy from the Del. state news (as I understand it)?
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

czer

Re: Why does the Delaware State News need personal information?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
I do not remember doing this for the Middletown Transcript. I filled out a form with the info to be placed in the ad but nothing else...

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:44:18 AM »
I used the news journal, but I think I only supplied the info that was going into the add.  ???

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
sounds like someone has their head shoved in their.....    oh wait.  seems like everyone does today. 

I'd make it a point to know WHY they requested to see it, etc.  Besides, you cant show them your application because you have to do the newpaper before.  tell her you havent gotten around to filling it out.... or fill out your name address and thats it.  It's NO ONE'S business whats on that paper especially the nosey woman at the State News!!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
Dang Moosie! I have a feeling you dont take no s@#t  :o

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »
nope.  Especially when it's something like this. 

I cant stand idiots.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

kent

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 10:08:54 PM »
Moosie,

With all do respect I take your comment as directed to my intelligence as I should not have given the Del. state news my personal info. YES I WAS WRONG IN DOING SO which is why I am trying to prevent future members of delaware concealed carry forum members (this forum) from making the same mistake as I made. IF IN THE FUTURE and now maybe you can tell all of our new  members and future members EXACTLY what TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO IN FILING FOR A CCDW PERMIT. I am sorry... did I mention hind site is 20/20. In this post I am passing along my Personal screwup
SIGARMS12 I feel you have a moderator with an ego larger then his/her ability to help a newbie with questions that may help this forum and the future of new members questions.
DUTY HONOR COUNTRY
GODS SPEED
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 10:28:09 PM »
I dont think moosie was pointing the remarks at you kent. I believe she was saying that the news paper should be questioned  as to why they needed that info and wouldnt tell them anymore than nessessary . As for the genius, I am sure that was also pointed to the paper lady also. Heck I believe theres alot of idiots around also but its not pointed to anyone on here.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
Moosie,

With all do respect I take your comment as directed to my intelligence as I should not have given the Del. state news my personal info. YES I WAS WRONG IN DOING SO which is why I am trying to prevent future members of delaware concealed carry forum members (this forum) from making the same mistake as I made. IF IN THE FUTURE and now maybe you can tell all of our new  members and future members EXACTLY what TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO AND WHERE TO GO IN FILING FOR A CCDW PERMIT. I am sorry... did I mention hind site is 20/20. In this post I am passing along my Personal screwup
SIGARMS12 I feel you have a moderator with an ego larger then his/her ability to help a newbie with questions that may help this forum and the future of new members questions.
DUTY HONOR COUNTRY
GODS SPEED

OK Kent you need to take a BIG step back and get your head out of you @@@. One Moosie was NOT refering to you as an IDOT she was talking about the idiots at the news paper. Does she have an EGO hell yea she does but she has always been very courtious to every member of this forum. I have know Moosie quite a while and she has always been very helpful, curtious and fair. I truly think you owe Moosie an appologie.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 12:38:16 AM »
Kent,

Sig and Muleman are correct.  My beef is definitely not with you or with what you did, but with the jerk at the DE State News who *thinks* (or someone up the food chain from her) they need to see this application before they'll run your news paper ad.  Its none of their business to see anything more than MAYBE some identification and payment for said ad.

I don't think YOU were wrong, Kent as you did what you felt you was required of you to get your ad in.  None of the other papers require such a ridiculous thing. I would have handled it differently, but thank God we aren't all the same.  How boring would life be if we were. 

before you jump to conclusions on here about what someone means in a post, please (everyone) keep in mind that all emotion and voice inflection, etc is removed when we're "chatting" via email or on a forum.  Kent, I'll be the first one to jump in and help someone out, especially a new person.  Hell, I am still asking question myself!  We all learn something new everyday.  Also, feel free to utilize the PM function on here to get clarification.  I use it routinely... mostly to harass someone :)

I'm sorry if you took anything I wrote personally.  It most certainly was not meant to be derogatory towards you or your actions. 

And you bet your @@@ I have an ego.  We all do.  But my ego played no part in replying to your situation.

Moosie

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 12:23:40 AM »
Kent, take a step back from the firing line and take a breath. Comming from one of the people on this forum that CAN have a very short fuse for people I can honestly say that I too doubt moosie was calling you the dumbass. (i know she has already said that but I just wanted to put my hand up too) Check out some of her posts and I think you'll see that she has always been very willing to answer questions, give and take advice and friendly spar with the rest of us. Just dont drive with her... she apparently has a bit of a lead foot.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!