Author Topic: Super Tuck- cut out or not  (Read 6210 times)

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
Super Tuck- cut out or not
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:59:10 PM »
Hi all- I've read the many good comments on this holster here, and went to the Crossbreed website- I like the idea of the cutout to get to the grip quicker, but wondered if it significantly changes the comfort of it, which is why everyone seems to like it in the first place. Any thoughts from your experiences would be appreciated. Pete D.---

http://crossbreedholsters.com/FAQs/tabid/54/Default.aspx

PS: This would be for my G26.
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Super Tuck- cut out or not
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 05:43:59 PM »
I have never had the cut out on either of my holsters and being a bigger guy I prefer the extra leather.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
I didnt get mine cut out either, Pete.  The gun I bought my super tuck for is a large frame and I figured if I wanted it cut out, I could do that later on.  But once it was cut out, it was cut out.  No gluing that back on!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

g23

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »
I carry a g23 15 hrs a day 7 days a week and im glad that I dont have it cut out. I am also a bigger guy at 6ft2 250lbs and I feel that if the leather was cut out the grip would have to much contact which would make it hard to wear for long periods of time. I agree with Moosie on this try it without it cut out and see how you like it.

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
Thanks all- and to G23- that's exactly what I'm a-gonna do. I couldn't ask for a better answer than that! Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

quickdraw

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »
I carried my G27 in a Crossbreed ST for about a six months before cutting out. I found it difficult to get a good grip when drawing unless I had an extended magazine inserted. Even with the extended mag it was tricky. The combat cut is very easily done by tracing the outline you desire and using a utility knife. I didn't notice any loss of comfort.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »
Got my super tuck today. I have only had it on for an hour while I  feed up the animals  and It seemed to conceal nicely and is quite comfortable. I need to break it in still and im sure it will get even more comfortable after that  is done . I did not get it cut out , I figgure that can be done later if I want to. I can se why it is a highly rated holster.