Author Topic: Could This Happen here?  (Read 10297 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Could This Happen here?
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:06:51 AM »
North Carolina gun owners cannot possess their guns off of their property during state of emergency. Are you kidding me?

"Upon Governor Beverly Perdue’s declaration of a State Of Emergency on September 1, 2010 Dove Hunters, Concealed Carry Handgun Licensees, Target Shooters and all other gunowners cannot possess, transport or use firearms off their personal property as per N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-288.7"

If they have to abandon their homes they have to leave their guns behind unattended for easy picking by looters?  They cannot take a gun with them as the flee when they might encounter lawlessness among the fleeing masses?

What is the chance of that happening here?  Can someone please tell me with a straight face why any government imbecile would actually deny you your rights of self protection during an emergency.  This is the exact kind of lunacy we have to campaign to stop.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/north-carolina-declared-gun-free-zone-anticipation-of-hurricane-earl

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

firststatefirearms

Re: Could This Happen here?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:47:19 AM »
Delaware law was changed after "Hurricane Katrina".  I am not sure of the Delaware Code Title, but this will not happen here in Delaware.  New Castle County also changed County Code to match Delaware Code last year.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »
That is totally amazing! "are you serious?"!! I won't be leaving my guns behind brother- no way! I'd have them properly stowed, but with me.
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
(opps- hit submit before I was done ranting!) That is totally amazing! "are you serious?"!! Just when you need security the most?? I won't be leaving my guns behind brother- NO way- NO how! I guess that would make me find the fastest way out of the state- I hope I never have to add that contingency into my G.O.O.D. plan (it's tough enough just planning an unclogged route off the peninsula as it is!). It would either be that, or to choose to defy an evac order to be able to protect your family and property- that sure puts you in a bind- screwed either way!

Thanks for the heads up Hawkeye. I hope this is challenged HARD! Pete D.---

[also banging head on wall, but don't have the cool script]

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
[also banging head on wall, but don't have the cool script][/quote]

Try here, there are a ton of them. Just copy the line and paste it in your post as is.

http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »
Great! Now I feel much better!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »
Here are some of my favorite ones

And Just for Moosie
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 12:27:11 PM »
ROFL!!!  OMG those are great.

Thanks for sharing those you guys!

And yes, thanks, Sig.  I'll definitely be keeping that script! LOL

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident