Author Topic: Bars Clubs  (Read 24097 times)

GLOCK23

Bars Clubs
« on: February 24, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
ok i dont see where anyone says anything about bars and clubs or concerts...my question is can u carry a gun in those places if u have a ccw permit?

Taurus221

• NRA member
Re: Bars Clubs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:50:01 PM »
Click on the topic above this one labeled Delaware CCW. There are several topics that can help you.

Also, just follow the laws as to what is written. If there is a sign out front, the answer is no, you can't carry there. But, I bleieve that sign has to be resonibly visible.
Sig has added known lists of places that will not allow you to carry there. If you find out of any more places, let us know so we can post it.

The last thing we want is to have someone getting in trouble, either by bad advice or by their own actions. It is YOUR responsibility to research these places. If you or I get in trouble, it possibly has an effect throughout the entire state.

Thanks,
           Mike

p.s. I carry into bars and clubs but I also check for signs first. But whenever alcohol is involved, use GOOD judgement. Do NOT get into a fights and ALWAYS try and walk away when carrying.
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:25:02 PM »
I highly recomend that if you are carrying DO NOT DRINK, you are asking for trouble and Im not even 100% sure its legal to carry in a bar or club.  This is from Handgunlaw.US
Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol
YES
Note: What is defined as carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol is a place like Friday’s or RedLobster. This does not mean a bar or the bar area of a restaurant. Handgunlaw.us believes you shouldnever consume alcohol when carrying your firearm. In some states it is illegal to take even one drink while carrying a firearm.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GLOCK23

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:01:31 PM »
thanks for the reply...i hardly drink alcohol...i only go those places if my friends or brothers go there to hang out..i am the driver most of the time..thats why i go...i might drink maybe once a year ,,,and the only thing i drink is guiness and i only drink about half the bottle...i never like drinking..i think my brothers drink enough or me and them..thanks
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:03:44 PM by GLOCK23 »

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:50:28 PM »
Not a big drinker here... tie one on about every 6 months.  In between that, it's water or soda pop -- although I gave up pop for lent.   ;D

IMHO, I can't see where carrying into a bar is going to end up being any fun for you or the potential outcome should something happen.  If you're going to a bar where you feel the threat level is high enough that you should carry -- why go?  Don't get me wrong.  Watching two drunk guys duke it out is entertaining for a few moments -- women are just plain boring with the scratching and slapping -- I guess I'd rather not go instead of having to watch my back the whole night.  I sit in the corner anyway, but I wouldnt be comfortable carrying in a drinking establishment.  and I'm not talking about TGIF's or Red Robster. 

Always open to another point of view, Moosie.
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 12:53:16 PM »
IMO most bars are a waste of money. Pay to get in and a beer is like $3.50

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 01:02:56 PM »
Only time I got to a club / bar is in Vegas!  And there.. it depends on the occasion.  Beyond that, Id rather hang out by the pool and watch my bulldog try and woo some ladies into the pool with him.  His son will be old enough this summer to be a wingman! LOL

Hey, Wadies.. come on in, da water's warm!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:15:54 PM by Moosie »
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
I carry pretty much everywhere I go, including bars. But as been said if I am drinking I leave it in the car. If you even have one beer in you and have to use your weapon you've opened the door to not only the AG to come after you but also the civil lawyers. Even with witnesses it will be a uphill struggle for you.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 02:33:16 PM »
Not a big drinker here... tie one on about every 6 months.  In between that, it's water or soda pop -- although I gave up pop for lent.   ;D

IMHO, I can't see where carrying into a bar is going to end up being any fun for you or the potential outcome should something happen.  If you're going to a bar where you feel the threat level is high enough that you should carry -- why go?  Don't get me wrong.  Watching two drunk guys duke it out is entertaining for a few moments -- women are just plain boring with the scratching and slapping -- I guess I'd rather not go instead of having to watch my back the whole night.  I sit in the corner anyway, but I wouldnt be comfortable carrying in a drinking establishment.  and I'm not talking about TGIF's or Red Robster. 

Always open to another point of view, Moosie.

The same could be said about going to the mall or a restaurant. If you think you need to carry there, why go?
Well, I would like to answer that:
http://www.google.com/search?q=random+shootings&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SUNA
I googled 'random shootings' and found more than 70,000 hits. If I word it differently, I will probably get another 70,000 hits. You can read for yourselves.
Bottom line, I want to be prepared if something happens. Now many of you know that I am a big drinker. I do carry into bars now (although I've only went to one or two since I got a CCW). God forbid if something ever happens, I will deal with the BS after the fact.

There are no 'magical' gun free zones. Criminals obviously don't respect it.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »
Oh, Taurus, I wasn't implying that those were the only crappy places on earth.  :)  What I meant was unless I'm looking for a fight I steer clear of certain places.  I'd be a fool to go into one of those places armed and expect that Id have a good time.  that's all.  I do think that it's very very important to be prepared.  What's great about having the permit is that (unless otherwise posted) you can walk right in and drink yourself silly.  Hope you dont shoot your nuts off when you hit the floor after playing beer pong! :) 

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »
.  Hope you dont shoot your nuts off when you hit the floor after playing beer pong! :) 
That would be pretty hard to do considering my wife carries them around in her purse. ;)
Note to self. don't let anyone shoot at wife's purse.

(I had to before before gunenvy or sig said it.) ;D

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 06:04:38 PM »
@@@@ it. However him playing beer pong would be like a blind man trying to drive a car after he had 2 beers

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »
@@@@.................

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 07:50:43 PM »
LOL, Sorry to hear that she's got them.  I have one's big enough so I let my hubby keep his.   ;D 

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 09:08:07 PM »
love the bulldog and your husbands lucky, my wife keeps em in the wedding ring box.