Author Topic: This is a long wait  (Read 26320 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
This is a long wait
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:29:37 PM »
Its only been about 2 months of waiting so far but it seems like forever waiting on this permit. Im running out of things to do to pass the time. :P

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: This is a long wait
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:31:46 PM »
My wife has been waiting 4-1/2 months here in NCCo...  :(
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »
Im in ncc also just lower ncc . I was told a few weeks ago that they were starting  to work on the july applicants  ???. I couldnt take the wait if I were you I would have to make a call to see whats up. I was hoping to get it around the 3 month area but you have me wondering now  :-\ . Keep us posted!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:17:05 PM »
I inquired by Email... my wife's permit application "is still in the investigation stages with the Attorney General’s office."
Oh, well... at least it wasn't denied (yet)!

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:58:20 PM »
Atleast you know whats going on now  ;D. Its still entirely to long of a wait.

NFD929

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
For those of you that are waiting, I applied back the first or second week of January and just got mine in August.  Entirely too long I agree, but there is not a faster way that I know of. 8)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:05:07 AM »
For those of you that are waiting, I applied back the first or second week of January and just got mine in August.  Entirely too long I agree, but there is not a faster way that I know of. 8)
Congrats! That is a long wait. Glad you got it though  8)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
Good news! the wait is getting closer to being over. Had a call today from the ag"s office and we talked a bit. Theres only 3 people that work on the ccp"s in the state and thats not their full time job. I have a small problem with my app but im glad its getting worked on   ;D. I wish the state could get the system more streamlined and have more help for the folks that do all the checking.

DefendUSA

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
I handed in my paperwork May 4, 2010. I havent heard from anyone. Today is October 22. I live in lower NCC. I called and was told the AG didnt reccommend or deny my app. They sent it to the Judge for his decision. Now Im nervous. What does that mean and what is taking so long?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
NORMAL!  dont worry.

You will (should) get a letter from the DOJ stating the same.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 08:54:25 PM »
I THINK  its the investigators job to make sure everything is ok and no previous problems that would deny a person not to recieve the ccp . Not to actually give or deny the permit. Then the judge has to approve or deny with the investigators findings in mind.

DefendUSA

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »
My brother in law applied May 10th. He just got his CCW permit Oct. 21. He lives in Kent County and is happier than a woodpecker in a lumber yard. Now Im just waiting for mine to get here.

czer

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 11:24:48 PM »
DefendUSA, I applied April 15, just got mine October 11. I don't think they called any of my references (or, at least no one told me), and I did not get a letter from any office until I got the permit in the mail. If your timing is the same as mine, you may be just a week or two away.... Be patient - after all, what choice do you have?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »
My wife's app went in on May 5th. Not a peep from anyone: no letter from the AG, and nobody has called her references.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 02:12:19 AM »
My wife's app went in on May 5th. Not a peep from anyone: no letter from the AG, and nobody has called her references.
I think your wifes permit is going to set a new slow speed record  :D