Author Topic: This is a long wait  (Read 26322 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: This is a long wait
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 01:35:43 AM »
Does anyone know how long it ( roughly) takes from the time the investigators call your references till you get your permit as long as theres no problems?

g23

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »
I'm not sure since none of my references were called.  sorry I couldn't help. At least if they are calling you know that they are working on it and its not just sitting in a pile.

DefendUSA

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 03:08:12 AM »
I called today as per instruction and the lady told me that my permit was approved by the judge. She said I should have it by Saturday. I dont count my chickens until the eggs hatch but its a good feeling to know its coming. Saturday will be 25 weeks and 4 days since I applied.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 10:14:11 AM »
I called today as per instruction and the lady told me that my permit was approved by the judge. She said I should have it by Saturday. I dont count my chickens until the eggs hatch but its a good feeling to know its coming. Saturday will be 25 weeks and 4 days since I applied.
Congrats! That must be a good feeling to get the waiting game over with. Do you know if they called any of your references? If so how long ago has it been since they did?

DefendUSA

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »
No, none of my references were called and I never received any letters. I just kept waiting and after 3 months I called every 4 weeks. Thats what the lady in the NCC prothonatarys office told me to do. Her name is Dale, yes it is a she. She was very nice and helpful. I think if you treat her nice and butter her up a little she might put your application on the top of the pile :) You never know.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 11:12:07 PM »
Thanks for the info  ;)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 11:01:09 PM »
Good news ! sorta! I got my permit today but theres a problem. I tried to call the po but no answer. I left a message and didnt get a call back yet. Who can I call to get an error fixed  ??? It will involve issuing a new permit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
problem????
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »
problem????
Yes. My father and I applied the same time. Well he got a letter with a permit . The problem was it had my info on the permit with his picture. But the letter was addressed to him  ::). I managed to get someone on the phone today and I have to send it back. . It seems somehow our info has gotten mixed up. Its all supposed to get straightened out when they get the permit back . Then they can swith the pics and everything should be ok.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 11:52:54 AM »
Hell, put that baby in your wallet for a few days and it will fall apart.. then just switch pictures LOL.   (kidding!)

That's great that things are pretty much on their way but sucks you had to send it back etc.  Hope it gets resolved quickly!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 12:54:14 PM »
Good to hear that was the problem.  PITA for you though.  I instruct people I deal with to put their name on the back of the photos. 

But, if both of you are John Smith....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »
moosie , that would probably work lol. I should have it back next week I hope  :-\. :-\
radnor, thats a good ideal with the names on the pics. I could see it if we had the same names but the only one thats the same is the last name. I hope they get it straightened out because when I called they were looking for my dads folder but said they couldnt find it  ???. It seems to me that its so confusing their confused themselves.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
My "correct"  permit finally showed up in the mail today  ;D ;D ;D. My dad got his on 11-13 . Not to bad on the time line we sent our app in 7-28-10 .

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »
looks I will be making a trip to staples soon to get some shrinking done , It wont fit in any compartment in my wallet.  :-\

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »
YAY!!!  Congrats on FINALLY getting YOUR permit!

Yup.. Staples is a necessary trip.  I can't believe they don't make them more sturdy OR that they don't just incorporate the drivers license and the CCW.  I guess if they were to revoke your permit (God forbid) then potentially you'd still have that license that says you're permitted do carry.

ugh.  what a cluster!! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident