Author Topic: Sussex County New file  (Read 21368 times)

mchaz1

Sussex County New file
« on: September 30, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »
Hello everyone!!  I had recently had a break in, in my house with my wife and kids in bed.  So I filed for my ccdw the begining of September.  Does anyone have an idea of how long I should expect to wait for my permit in Sussex County.  I am 32 years old and have been aquiring pistols since I was 21. Wish me luck!!

czer

Re: Sussex County New file
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your plight. Of course, you are within your rights to have defensive weapons inside your house, and to use them if threatened. A pump shotgun comes to mind, along with a handgun for inside the home protection. As for how long you will have to wait for a concealed deadly weapon permit, the answer is, a long time. If you peruse this site you will find posts about how Delaware has been slower than ever, maybe 4-6 months. I took the training course required and applied April 15 and am still waiting for mine...Don't want to be discouraging but go through the process and just be aware that it will be a while. Meantime, consider your interior armament and, if your wife is willing, get the training both of you need to defend yourselves.

mchaz1

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:31:14 PM »
Sounds like it!!!  My dad is an attorney in sussex county and he went with me to file at the prothonatarys office and they had told us 6 months before I would receive it.  He deals with these ladies on a daily basis and she said she is the only one processing these apps and she has more apps than ever.  I feel bad for her.  It will be worth the wait.  Thanks for the info. 

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »
Welcome! I hope your wait isnt to long. I turned my app in the end if july and im still waiting also ( only been 2 months). I wish the state could figgure out a way to make the process more streamlined, maybe it would help the applicants as well as ease the paperwork pile on the men and women that do the app work.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:21 PM »
Next week will be 5 months for my wife's application here in NCCo.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:57:07 PM »
Hey Mchaz, Mine only took 3 months, guess I was mighty lucky! The prothonatory told me it was that long due to all the renewals they were processing (as if other times of the year might be quicker). But I've read a lot of long wait stories here on this forum! Good luck, and I agree with czer- develop a plan for defense and include the whole family in planning. I have a two story house and use a digital baby monitor to hear what's happening downstairs- it has a vibrate feature which wakes me right up when I put it on my nightstand! I also have a remote control to various lights downstairs that I can turn on very brightfrom my room- that way if its one of my several kids, they will call out to me, or it might scare off someone. I only hope and pray that I never have a break in- I 'm sorry to hear about yours- no one was hurt right? Take care, Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

mchaz1

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 12:46:13 AM »
I have a 2 story historical home.  What they did was went through a basement window and kicked the basement door in.  Lucky for me I was still up with 2 45 smith and wesson chef specials.  Bad luck for him.  He went to MMH for a few days.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 12:58:32 AM »
Did this make any newspapers?
My online buddies and I post a list of DGU's on a forum we frequent... we're always looking for examples of the RKBA protecting the innocent.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

mchaz1

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 01:06:24 AM »
No the city of milford kept it quiet.  They told me these things are not suppose to happen in town limits.  Well they do.  My wife and I felt violated.  Its absolutely horrible.  I hope no one ever has to go through this. 

mchaz1

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 01:08:26 AM »
And believe it or not the city interviewed my wife and I for 2 weeks and talked about charging me with discharging a firearm in town limits.  What a joke.  This gentleman is doing 15 years min mand.  He had also robbed grotto pizza in long neck come to find out.

mchaz1

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 01:27:13 AM »
Now I've handed my class certificate in too.  Does that help at all?

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »
Wow- that's amazing Mchaz- sorry to be telling YOU about making a defense plan- looks like you had it well covered! :-[  WAY TO GO Brother! I only hope I can do as much if I ever need to. Glad none of you good people were hurt.

Hey, if you lived in Maryland- you might even qualify for a permit there! Not too many of those around evidently. Take care, Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

mchaz1

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 07:34:28 PM »
Thanks for all your support.  It is greatly appreciated!!

WygantMb

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 03:02:20 PM »
I hand delivered my paper work back in April, I just got the ccw card in the mail 2 days ago. It takes a while, but once it comes in the mail you feel like you just won the lottery. I have been told come time to renew it to turn the paper work in on the first buiness day of the year it expires. That way you should have it hopefully before it expires.

czer

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
Congrats, wygantMb! I applied mid-April, so maybe I am next in line! Hope you did some celebrating!