Author Topic: Sussex County New file  (Read 21370 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Sussex County New file
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 01:12:12 PM »
My wife applied five months ago in early May, so we're hoping too...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

mchaz1

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 09:42:52 PM »
From my understanding they put everyone on hold until renewals are processed and thats why it takes so long around the month of may.  Time will tell.  Patience is a virtue. 

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 01:16:32 AM »
Very sorry to hear about your plight. Of course, you are within your rights to have defensive weapons inside your house, and to use them if threatened. A pump shotgun comes to mind, along with a handgun for inside the home protection. As for how long you will have to wait for a concealed deadly weapon permit, the answer is, a long time. If you peruse this site you will find posts about how Delaware has been slower than ever, maybe 4-6 months. I took the training course required and applied April 15 and am still waiting for mine...Don't want to be discouraging but go through the process and just be aware that it will be a while. Meantime, consider your interior armament and, if your wife is willing, get the training both of you need to defend yourselves.
Thats odd bc I applied May 24th and recieved mine 2 weeks ago, i would call and followup
BS

czer

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 01:26:19 AM »
Yeah, I called two weeks ago, and the protho said the AG had it and everyone's was taking long...so to just be patient. Asked whether it would do any good to call the AG office, she said no, that my wait was not unusual compared to others.

mchaz1

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 02:08:31 AM »
Prothonotary office is telling people 4 to 6 months now.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »
4-6 months nothing like bending over and taking it dry.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 12:27:04 AM »
4 to 6 months  :o :o :P :P

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 09:11:12 PM »
This is ridiculous.  Time to start writing our state reps, etc.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

mchaz1

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 01:53:08 AM »
On top of it guys!!!  I have contacted 4 state reps to ask what the deal is.  If it is going to take this long do, do a quick background check and offer a temp permit good till you are approved.  Because from my understanding if you can purchase a gun you can get the permit. I can purchase a gun in less than 15 mins.  The only thing that will get you denied is too many DUI's. 

mchaz1

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 01:22:50 AM »
Hey guys,  Just a heads up.  Here in sussex county there have been several break ins where a young female knocks on the door and claims she is out of gas and needs to use the phone when several gentlemen come around the corner armed and attempt to rob you.  Its on the news so be aware

mchaz1

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 07:37:33 PM »
Well I filed September and received my permit December 2.  Not a long wait at all. 

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »
congrats! IMaybe their getting caught up for the renewals on jan 1st.??

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
Congrats
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

mchaz1

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »
Hello fellow members!!  Been carrying for 2 weeks now and it feels good.  It is a big responsibility.  I have 2 carry weapons and 13 collector guns.  My carry weapons are a Smith And Wesson Bodyguard 380 which I would recommend to anyone. Very comfortable carry piece.  My second is a Smith & Wesson M&P 9C with the crimson trace laser pistol grip.  Which as well is a very nice carry piece.  I don't leave home without one.  Other than to work cause I work for the State of Delaware. 

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »
That's great Mchaz- I'm curious to know how you secure your weapon while at work- I can't carry at work either, mine's been going in the locked glove box. Also- how are you carrying that Bodyguard? Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce