Author Topic: Who uses a gun belt?  (Read 3974 times)

g23

Who uses a gun belt?
« on: October 19, 2010, 01:37:42 PM »
So I have been carrying with a heavy duty leather work belt and a crossbreed super tuck.  After a day or two of carrying I figured out what location worked best for me and the holster quickly formed to my body. I carry on avg 12-15 hrs a day and never had any discomfort.....or so I thought. I just purchased a crossbreed gun belt with the velcro backing. When first removing the belt from the box I was amazed of how rigid it was. I quickly put it on and installed the new clips on the holster to work with the velcro and  went out to take care of a few things. I can now say that I regret not buying this belt when I purchased the holster. I do not have to wear the belt as tight to keep the gun tight to my body and to keep it from moving. Which makes it so much more comfortable. Also with the new velcro clips it is 100% concealed when my shirt is tucked in. I used to catch the clips on things every now and then when walking in really tight areas but that is no longer a problem. Also through out the day I would have to reposition the holster as is would move a little after getting in and out of the car but now with the velcro  stops it from moving. I used to read articles all of the time about gun belts and didnt think that my work belt wouldnt do the same thing. I was wrong. So to everyone out there carrying WITHOUT a gun belt you need to go and buy one and it will make carrying an even better experience.

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
Re: Who uses a gun belt?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:42:22 PM »
Thanks for the tip G23- I'm waiting on my supertuck now- maybe I'll start saving up for the belt- man it's pricey though. Sounds like it's a combo that can't be beat. I read some of your posts about which position worked best for you, and others- what position did you settle on? Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

g23

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »
Well I do have  a few extra lbs on me  and dealing with the wonderful love handles I carry at the 3:15 position. The biggest thing for me was finding a spot the would still allow me to draw while seated. And as far as the belt being expensive.. I would have paid double if I would have known how well it worked. They do give a NRA discount which helps.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:57:39 PM by g23 »

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »
The cheapest entry into a decent gun belt is a plain 5.11.  They are a veneered unit, though, thus making them susceptible to scratching.  But, for the budget-conscious, they're much better than some WallyWorld deal that starts tearing apart because you have to yank it tight.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
I went here for a belt.  http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_black_buy.html

When you want an extra heavy ultra tough belt you just can`t beat these.
Nothing fancy but the toughest belt we have ever sold.

* 1 1/2 " width fits thru most all belt loops
    *  Extra thick leather last for years
    * Buckle can be replaced with your own
    * Screwed together

Also available in brown

Rugged, tough, and long lasting. This belt won't let you or
your pants down.
USA Made
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.