Author Topic: denial  (Read 12052 times)

raymond2688

denial
« on: November 07, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »
applyed for my permit and got denied. the reason was my driving record....to many tickets. i got a letter to appeal but was told by the investigator
that the judge very seldom overturns there decission so i did not bother. now after talking to the correct people i was told that i should have went to court
is there anything that can be done now

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: denial
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »
Sorry to hear that you got denied. 

Not sure what you mean by "should have gone to court"?  for what... when you got the tickets? or when you got denied?  If you're considering re-applying for your permit, make sure your driving record is cleaned up and that there has been some time between now and when you re-apply. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

raymond2688

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »
i was offered an appeal hearing but did not take it driving record can not be cleaned up they go way back i only had 2 points on my licences when i applied. tickets may drop off for points after 3 years but they are always on your record.....so how long should i wait to re apply and do i have to take the class again

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »
First let me say welcome and second I have to ask whats on your driving record because if its aggressive driving, vehicular assault or a DUI that will always follow you and more then likely preclude you from getting a ccw permit.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

raymond2688

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »
All violations are traffic related, no duis or anything like that. I should have mentioned that about 10 years ago i started finding myself constantly getting pulled over
and getting tickets for failure to appear driving without a lic stuff like that. after the first instance of this happening i found out my twin brother who had a warrant used my name
this started a problem that would haunt me for many years until i figured out how to fix it.....(which is never really fixed). the problem started with the SBI office giving us the same number
Long story short I got it fixed with a painstacking 8 hour trip to the SBI office in dover. This identity problem got me over a dozen driving after suspensions (cant pay the ticket if you dont know you got it) all fines i payed even after sbi fixed it DMV would not. I brought a copy of a ticket that was unpaid made to my brother to show them that they are making a mistake and they made a phone call and cops came and arrested me and i was forced to pay a ticket that was not mine (true story). after this i was determined to get this fixed (easier said than done)
I had an insident that forced me to file criminal action against my brother, to days later i got arrested for stealing my own equiptment (again this really happened), I can go on and on.

Now none of the arrests were mentioned only the driving record. all arrest were wiped off my record and my own sbi number was issued. they also transfered all issues i had to my brothers record. I have had no problems for 8 years until now. I never persude dmv because they said they go away after 3 years and most were 2 years old when it occured. the investigator called me and asked me about all this and even stated man your record is a mess. all i said above he saw and could see it was for my brother. he made the statement man i dont know if i can figure this mess out.....well i guess he didnt try just denied.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:50:54 AM »
So, it dopends on how much your permit means to you... if I were you, I would get a copy of your driving record (according to DMV) along with any documentation you have that backs up your story and then start a time line.  On blah blah blah date, my TWIN BROTHER, (fill in name here), received a ticket for ______.  He used my name.  Basically, start explaining your story incident by incident to help the investigator out.  If you can put it into something that is clear, cut and dry (leave out the emotion), call the investigator back and be as helpful as you can in helping him sort things out.

Then again, if you dont want to put the time into all of this, then in my own opinion (which basically means nothing LOL), you'll never get a permit. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident