Author Topic: xd holster  (Read 11507 times)

GLOCK23

xd holster
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »
hi ..since i am almost done with the application process i was testing out conceal carry in my house...i planned to carry my springfield xd 4 inch barrell ..........40 calliber,.,,when i use the original xd holster that comes in the kit it shows that i am carrying a gun or atleast something is there...if i put it inside my pants without a holster it doest show,,,i am wongering the make a holster that goes inside your pants for the xd..if u have any suggestions let me know...i know ii should have bought a smaller gun but the xd felt really good,,thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:13:51 PM by SigP250 »

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: xd holster
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »
With the right holster that XD will conceal nicely. Check out http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG2.asp They have nice holsters and this will show you everything that they make that fits your gun. I carry my Colt defender in a Desantis that is just like the summer comfort and it conceals and is comfortable.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 07:19:57 PM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
I prefer the in the waistband holsters, you may have to try a few before you find one you like.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »
I use the SuperTuck IWB (inside waistband) from Crossbreed for my Taurus Millennium Pro and it works great.  These holsters can conceal almost anything.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

GLOCK23

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 12:50:26 PM »
thanks for the reply guys ...if i have my gun and its totally covered but you can see a bulge there ,do you think that it would be a problem?

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »
Yes that could be a problem. A trained eye could pick it up.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:13:38 PM by SigP250 »

GLOCK23

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »
i think i ahve to buy a smaller gun...i have a bersa .380 ..but i dont want to carry that as my primary gun..i think i am going to look into a subcompact .40 caliber.. xd..,,better spend the money on the gun than on the lawer fee...lol

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »
There is nothing wrong with your gun choice, When concealing a gun you need to keep in mind two things.
 The first your holster: Not every holster works for everybody. Me I like IWB holsters so I can conceal with just a tee shirt or polo. You will go through a couple holsters before you find the right one.
 The Second is what you wear, your not gonna conceal a gun in a paddle holster or pancake holster in just a tee shirt for the most part.

I highly recomend Gun-Digest Concealed Carry by Massad Ayoob this will answer all of your questions for the most part. It is a great book.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »
If the buldge gives it away that can work for you also. The trained eye may pick it up but they are most likely the person you don't have to worry about anyway. If some street thug is eyeing you up and starts to wonder what the bump on your hip is he may leave you alone.

lfcmendes

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 12:41:44 PM »
Or he may think of a way to make sure you are the first one to go down  ;)

If the buldge gives it away that can work for you also. The trained eye may pick it up but they are most likely the person you don't have to worry about anyway. If some street thug is eyeing you up and starts to wonder what the bump on your hip is he may leave you alone.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 01:11:40 PM »
thats a possibility but if you have a weakness it's always best to turn it into a strength.

lfcmendes

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 04:13:15 PM »
 ??? How does that apply?

thats a possibility but if you have a weakness it's always best to turn it into a strength.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »

If you always show a buldge when carrying concealed and random people don't stop and point at you yelling gun than maybe you can get away with a bigger gun that maybe you can shoot better. If you can only carry a small gun that dosen't hold 19 rounds maybe get a laser so you can have a better chance of making every shot count. If your snubby revolver only holds five rounds, practice reloading it more than you practice shooting it. If you walk with a cane get a nice thick cane that you can beat somebody with repeatedly without breaking it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:10:44 PM by GunEnvy »