Author Topic: Ready to begin the process!!!  (Read 11873 times)

ellington

Ready to begin the process!!!
« on: November 26, 2010, 08:49:21 PM »
Hello! I finally got my firearm! I had an issue that required me to be a manual lookup, but I finally was able to purchase a Gen 4 Glock 19! Initially, I was gonna go with a Glock 26 or 27, but the salesman at Lawmen Supply in Dover persuaded me to go with the 19. He was very helpful and very patient. The prices at Lawmen Supply are way cheaper than other places. I highly recommend them. Next, I'm gonna figure out which classes to take. X-Ring Supply suggested one person, but the guy at Lawmen Supply highly recommended a guy from Shooters Choice in Dover. Any suggestion?

I'm excited!!!
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Ready to begin the process!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 11:53:32 PM »
Welcome, Ellington!

Glad to hear you got your firearm. As for who to take your course from, you have plenty of options.  Browse through the site here and you'll find many suggestions.  Bottom line is you just have to get through the course.  Honestly, I dont see a benefit of taking one over the other.  They all have to present the same minimum requirements in the course.  I'd look for something reasonably priced and convenient to your schedule. 

I know I'll catch a bunch of crap from others here on the board for posting that, but thats what I think :) 

I dont know what Dave Lawson is charging at shooters choice for the class, but last time I heard it was outrageously priced. Should be $300 or less. 

Good luck,

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

ellington

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:36:13 AM »
Awesome. My girlfriend and I are gonna take the course together. I'm gonna take your advice and go with David A. Johnson. He apparently charges $155...
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:37:33 AM »
Ellington,
I used Dave Johnson as well. He's a wealth of knowledge regarding CCDW laws. Enjoyed the class.
Lumspond.
New Castle County

czer

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 02:35:50 AM »
I agree Dave Johnson is excellant. Very professional. Good for beginners especially.

Gorski

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:40:55 PM »
Would STRONGLY recommend Dave Lawson at Shooters Choice, great class, very informative, low key, not intimidating in any way
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

Simpleman71

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »
Another good class provider is Trinity Tactical. I took their class for my CCW requirement. They also offer advanced classes. I will be taking one in the spring. I think they are out of newark/new castle.