Author Topic: Wearing your gear properly!  (Read 8948 times)

SAFE.EDU

• Safe Actions Firearms Ed
Wearing your gear properly!
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »
It is critical so where your gear properly, having the proper holster and mag holder. I think Galco international leather holsters are the best on the market. Does anyone have any other holster likes?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:05:33 PM by Sigarms12 »
Kevin C. Jones
Safe Actions Firearms Ed
910 Old Harmony Rd
Newark, DE 19713

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Wearing your ear properly!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:58:59 PM »
I like Galco's holsters. Also tend to like the Blackhawk Serpa and the Fobus. I think a lot of people on this board seem to wear the SuperTuck.
New Castle County

Rabbit

Re: Wearing your gear properly!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:01:47 AM »
I use the Comp-Tac MTAC Holster with my Glock 19 (i assume it is the same as the crossbreed supertuck holster) its good year round and for any occasion and i love it. the only issue i have with it is when i bend down to pick something up it prints like crazy i might as well have a flag telling the world that I'm packing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:03:36 AM by Rabbit »

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 01:11:22 PM »
I use the Comp-Tac MTAC Holster with my Glock 19 (i assume it is the same as the crossbreed supertuck holster) its good year round and for any occasion and i love it. the only issue i have with it is when i bend down to pick something up it prints like crazy i might as well have a flag telling the world that I'm packing.

Crossbreed super tuck doesn't print when you bend over too bad.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

SAFE.EDU

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »
I also have a Crossbread Super tuck and do like it a lot for my IWB carry. There is a lot of people running the serpa, but my only issue there is again thinking from a reality point of view, if your weapon side gets injured or incapacitated, depending on where you position the holster will you or can you get to the button to release the gun with the reaction or the opposite hand? Something to think about. This is why I prefer open top rigs!
Kevin C. Jones
Safe Actions Firearms Ed
910 Old Harmony Rd
Newark, DE 19713

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »
You have to make some adjustments to how you move your body once you start carrying a weapon and bending over is one of those adjustments. If I am in a situation where I need something off a low shelf in a store I will squat down with my legs as much as possible instead of bending over at the waist. I will also not reach to a high shelf with my strong side hand because that will cause my shirt or jacket to rise on my gun side.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 05:20:44 PM »
You have to make some adjustments to how you move your body once you start carrying a weapon and bending over is one of those adjustments. If I am in a situation where I need something off a low shelf in a store I will squat down with my legs as much as possible instead of bending over at the waist. I will also not reach to a high shelf with my strong side hand because that will cause my shirt or jacket to rise on my gun side.

+1

czer

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
I use the deSantis IWB for my Kel-tec P32 and Doc Hume IWB with my Kahr CW9. They are both comfortable when sitting and standing, but I wear them only with a loose shirt, sweater or jacket to avoid printing (wear them at 4 O'clock). I do not have anything to wear with standard dress shirt/ slacks office attire. I guess that is where the Super Tuck would come in, just haven't bought one yet. Are they worth the money? I also have an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster for the P32, which works well in the front pocket of my jeans.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
When I got my first CCDW permit, I was a bit too large to carry IWB.
I started out with an S&W 642 J-frame in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
Then, I bought a Glock 20. For a while, I carried it OWB in a Don Hume JIT slide holster, but I got tired of the "covering garment" issues.

So, I bought a Safepacker for the big Glock. I wore that thing all over Hell and back, and nobody noticed it hanging there in plain sight. I even hugged a Senator with it on... in the summer, with no covering garment of any kind.
Then, I bought a Glock 29 and a smaller Safepacker for it. I still wear that rig on the weekends.

Now, I'm doing the corporate thing. The Glock would be too big no matter what, so I'm back to the J-frame and the well-broken-in Uncle Mike's holster.
I've lost 115 pounds, so I guess I can go IWB if I want... I sure wish Glock made a single-stack 10mm like the G36!
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 10:09:28 PM »
Czer,

for IWB holsters, I won't buy anything except a Super Tuck.  I had a heck of a time trying to find a holster that was comfortable and concealable without looking like the Michelan Woman!  They are worth the money and I like the fact that it's one guy making the holsters, not some mass produced operation.  You can call their number and chat with the owner if you have any questions or problems with your holster. 

Also, if you purchase, be sure to give them your NRA number (or if you're LEO or military) they give a 10% discount. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

czer

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 11:21:52 PM »
Thanks Moosie. There are so many on here that praise Super Tuck, guess I will have to join the band!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 11:24:37 PM »
Most custom holster makers have a wait of 6months to a year, I have yet to find an over the counter IWB holster that feels comfortable. Crossbreed is a custom holster that fits perfect and feels real comfortable and the wait is 2-4 weeks. You cant go wrong.

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 12:15:27 AM »
Hey Czer, I was where you are (all of two months ago!), and I can tell you that the SuperTuck is a sweet choice. It is definately worth the money- especially because if it wasn't for the advice I got here on the forum, I'd have spent a lot more on the wrong choices. Very comfortable, very well made, and great service. I love my serpa for OWB, at the range, or open carry, but its Supertuck all the way IWB now! Sometimes I'll carry my G26 in my pocket of ether my 911's or my deep-pocketed carharts, but that is a stretch- I'm looking into a Kahr P380 for the pocket for warmer weather.

Congrats on the wieght drop Old-Grey- very tough to do!- just think how much Iron you can carry in it's place! Nice!

Take care all, Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

SAFE.EDU

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 05:14:41 AM »
I'm kinda partial to the Galco Royal guard also!
Kevin C. Jones
Safe Actions Firearms Ed
910 Old Harmony Rd
Newark, DE 19713