Author Topic: I just met Beau Biden at the Acme  (Read 10072 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
I just met Beau Biden at the Acme
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:25:17 PM »
(Note: No politics here, except as they concern our Right to Keep and Bear Arms).

I went into my local Acme to deposit today’s earnings in their Citizens Bank branch (which has been robbed half a dozen times since I started carrying, but maybe that’s why I always go there—and everywhere else – armed). As I entered, I saw a guy walking out wearing a “BEAU” sticker, and I thought “that guy looks like Beau Biden… nah, it couldn’t be him.” I made my deposit without incident, bought some Halloween candy, and headed out the door.

The guy offered me a flyer. For once, I decided not to shrug him off.

“Hi, I’m Beau Biden.”
“Wow, it’s great to meet you,” I said. “I really like you.”
He smiled. “Why is that?”
“Because you have expanded reciprocity.”
He nodded. “Yes, we have.” I liked that he was sharing credit for this with his staff.
“I benefit personally from this. I just drove out to Oklahoma to visit my dad. Your work meant that I didn’t have to stop on the side of the PA Turnpike to take this brilliant thing off…”
and yes, I pulled my jacket aside without even thinking about it, and briefly flashed my [enclosed] Safepacker holster to the Delaware Attorney General…
“…unload it, lock it in the trunk, and then stop in Ohio to reverse that whole dangerous process. This is important work, and it made my trip safer.”
He seemed sincerely glad to hear that.

We chatted for a few moments more. I offered to fix his computers, and gave him my card; we briefly discussed his family’s wounded laptop.

Mr. Biden's office has worked steadily behind the scenes to negotiate reciprocity agreements with South Carolina and West Virginia. They have arranged for our CCDW permits to be honored in Maine, and have added Virginia to the list of state permits Delaware honors. I was happy to give credit where credit is clearly due. I intend to vote for him on Tuesday, because he has expanded our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: I just met Beau Biden at the Acme
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 12:44:43 AM »
That post had me wondering old grey. I seach around and found the man running against mr. biden.  His name is Doug Cambell. I was reading his site and figured I would post some of the things he stands for. I seen where he feels we have the right to our guns and defend ourselves . Heres the link. I am glad neither candidate wants to strip our rights, its just that im not a big biden fan. Mainly because of Joe Biden  :-\. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=206636932836

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:15:38 AM »
You don't need to wonder about my politics:

I'm not a Democrat...
I'm a LIBERAL.
(Democrats go to meetings).

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »
Mr. Biden's office has worked steadily behind the scenes to negotiate reciprocity agreements with South Carolina and West Virginia. They have arranged for our CCDW permits to be honored in Maine, and have added Virginia to the list of state permits Delaware honors. I was happy to give credit where credit is clearly due. I intend to vote for him on Tuesday, because he has expanded our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Well, we (Delaware) will honor an out of state SC permit.  But SC WILL NOT honor a Delaware permit.  I thought I now had a clean shot south after MD/DC.  (I have DE, PA, UT)

And no, I'm not todays new felon - I called SLED.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:44:42 AM »

Well, we (Delaware) will honor an out of state SC permit.  But SC WILL NOT honor a Delaware permit.  I thought I now had a clean shot south after MD/DC.  (I have DE, PA, UT)

And no, I'm not todays new felon - I called SLED.
You might want to call the Delaware AG's office directly: if that is true, they at least need to update their Web page...

Pursuant to 11 Del.C. ' 1441(j), as of July 11, 2003, Delaware law allows residents of other states who have been issued a concealed deadly weapon license or permit by certain other states to lawfully carry concealed deadly weapons in Delaware if the state that issued the permit or license also recognizes Delaware's concealed deadly weapons licenses, and if Delaware's Attorney General also determines that the concealed deadly weapons licensing or permit laws in the issuing state "afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware." The Attorney General has determined that only states that require proof of training in firearms safety as a part of their licensing or permit process can meet this requirement.
The Attorney General is in the process of securing agreements with the appropriate officials in certain other states which when completed, permit persons who have a concealed deadly weapon license or permit issued by one of those states to lawfully possess a concealed deadly weapon while visiting or traveling through Delaware. Similarly, Delawareans will be able to possess a concealed deadly weapon while visiting or traveling through those states. However, as of today Delaware does not recognize the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by states other than those listed below, and these states do not recognize Delaware's concealed deadly weapons licenses as valid.

ALASKA

ARIZONA

ARKANSAS

COLORADO

FLORIDA

KENTUCKY

MAINE

MICHIGAN

MISSOURI

NORTH CAROLINA

NORTH DAKOTA

OHIO

OKLAHOMA

SOUTH CAROLINA

TENNESSEE

TEXAS

UTAH

VIRGINIA

WEST VIRGINIA

Law enforcement officials from other jurisdictions can verify Delaware CCDW permits by contacting the Delaware State Police Headquarters on a 24/7 basis via NLET.AM directed to DEDSP0000 or by calling 302-739-5901