Author Topic: Christiana Mall - update  (Read 6586 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Christiana Mall - update
« on: December 14, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
Just wanted to throw this out there for folks heading to the Christiana Mall. 

I noted the main entrance by Barnes and Noble and the Cheesecake Factory does not have ANY sign regarding mall rules / no firearms.  There is also no sign at the Target entrance (the main entrance from the parking lot into Target) as well as the mall entrance to/from Target. 

Shop safely!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Christiana Mall - update
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:36:57 AM »
Last time I checked (for a previous thread), none of the external entrances to stores have the "Code of Conduct" sign. So, we always ehter the mall through those entrances.
The Code of Conduct merely says that violators will be asked to leave...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 01:53:25 AM »
Who looks for signs....    ;)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:49:10 AM »
Typically, I don't look for signs.  However I was waiting for someone who apparently had HIA (head in a$$) syndrome and I had a few seconds to spare. 

Yes, they will most likely just ask you to leave, but that notion might keep folks from carrying at all or not going because of those signs.

Just wanted to throw it out there.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 01:33:42 AM »
Here are two of the rules we live by:
--Never break a gun law, because it's usually a felony.
--Never expose ourselves to danger because some {deleted} posted a sign that does not constitute a "gun law," because that's just silly.

The Christiana Mall, and the local movie theater, are public places, and we believe that we are not denied the RKBA there under Delaware and local law.
Our lawyer agrees. As near as we can determine, it is legal to carry in those places.
{Deleted} them if they don't like it.
We choose to enter the mall through entrances that do not have the "Code of Conduct" policy, but that's just for more convenient parking [ahem].

Costco, OTOH, is not a public place. Although they have a national "No Firearms" policy, there is no sign on their Delaware warehouse.
The day they put one up, I shall return my membership card and demand a refund... and explain why, in person, at the membership desk.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 12:03:26 AM »
At the mall entrance by H&M I was told there is a sign about code of conduct.  But, I did not see it...   ;)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

czer

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 12:22:46 AM »
Right on, Oldgray!