Author Topic: Ruger SR9c  (Read 3338 times)

OhChit

Ruger SR9c
« on: December 14, 2010, 02:48:20 PM »
 I have been seriously trying to decide on my new CC piece. As mentioned in some of my other post I have considered some of the following. Ruger LCR, Glock 26, 27, and also the New Ruger SR9c. I have given up on the Snub nose LCR for obvious reasons. The SR9c is a compact semi auto and I have been hesitant of trying something new and not feild tested very long. But the more I search the more  positive feedback I find and find myself going back to the SR9c. Amoung my many guns in my vault I own several Rugers and must say I have never had a problem with any of them. From my phone calls to the company I can also contest that Ruger does stand behind it's guns, they are a customer friendly company. They are American made and have a lifetime warranty, all have the "RIC" Round-in-Chamber indicator, left or right mag ejectors and same with the external 1911 style safety, and the best deal of all is they seem to be priced lower then the big names but perform just as well and very well made, etc. Yea-aaa sure look like they coppied the Glocks but did so very well. Oh plus they are extreamely accurate guns. So in short I have narrowed my decision down to either the Glock 26-27 or Ruger SR9c I seem to be leaning more towards the SR9c  http://ruger.com/products/sr9c/index.html
 Does anyone on this Forum have any experience with the Ruger SR9c?

Here is a Video from our good ole boy Hickok45 who did a side-by-side review of the Glock & Ruger, Dang wish I had this guys back yard.
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT1q1C_PnIY

I know that Ruger has the larger frame 40cal but hasn't anounced the 40 compact yet but hear it's on it's way?
 So my question is what do you think of te Ruger SR9c, to me it looks and feels like a decent gun and at a much more affordable price in the $400.00 price range. Haven't shot one yet, but I hear it performs as well as higher priced guns and dollar for Dollar it fits my budget.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Ruger SR9c
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »
I havent shot one yet, but was thinking about getting one also. I like the feel of the sr9 better than alot of the others on the market. I have been a ruger fan a long while I have several ruger long as well as pistols and the only problem I had was with a 204 ( which was possibly part my problem). I also like the manual safety ,Im sure you would be happy with it if you get it . Its a nice gun.

OhChit

Re: Ruger SR9c
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
 Yea-aaa Ruger guns have come a long way and I have grown to appricate and trust in there quality. About a year ago when the ammo prices started going through the roof and becoming harder to obtain in some calibers, I decided to buy another 22 handgun to stay in target practice and afordable shooting. But this time I decided on the Ruger Mark III Target/Hunter. It is a beautiful SS semi Auto complete with bull barrel, and fiber optics sights. I can not tell you how much enjoyment this gun has given us. It is very inexpensive to shoot, like .04 cents per shot a brick of 22's is like 20 bucks for 500 rounds, that in itself is alot of range time that tunes your skills and I have seen a big improvment now when shooting my 9's and 40's sidearms. Hey think about it even the milatary uses 22's for training. Yea you can take the 22 from a man but never take the 22 out of a boy that grew into a man. What other gun has so many of us shot so much. Chit I love them so much I have like 6 of them and are the guns I shoot most, but I'm not alone everytime I go to the range I've never seen so many grown men plinking with their 22's. Actually the money I'm saving on ammo will pay for my new CC piece.  :o
 This is the Ruger model that I have and my only regrets is that I never bought this gun sooner, I love it, thus why I would have no problem buying another Ruger this time and probably the SR9c or wait for the SR40c to be anounced and available. http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIIHunter/index.html