General > New Member Introduction

Thinking of DE

<< < (2/6) > >>

Radnor:

--- Quote from: Clarence on December 31, 2022, 06:30:44 PM ---... Obtaining a concealed carry license is one of the most difficult in the country.

--- End quote ---

It's NOT difficult, just lots of hoops to jump through.

NormH3:
If you are looking for warmer, you might consider North Carolina. They are also a shall issue state.

Nomad:
Thanks, I suspected as much.

I have another general question. Six months after Bruen, NJ gun orgs and the big ranges are still pushing and selling classes for out-of-state permits, like UT and FL. Aside from one cheat sheet I have seen nothing from them on obtaining an actual, honest-to-God NJ resident CC permit. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but it looks like NJ's gun laws as they stand are good for business if you catch my drift.

Is it the same in Delaware??

Oaklandopen:
Not fully sure I understand.  Are you saying training courses have vamped up because of the bruin decision,  even though the likelyhood of successfully carrying is not happening?

If anything delaware was a state that immediately made it worse for certain gun purchasing and ownership,  not really for ccw

Clarence:
Delaware requires about 12 hours training.  Live fire 100 rounds. Ad in newspaper, 5 affidavits,fingerprints, 2 photos and driving abstract if you have lived in Delaware less than 5 years and of course the fee for a three year license.   Renewal is much easier and it’s 5 years just the application and two photos. About $400 or so first time.  $65 for next and subsequent 5 year license

25 states now do not require a license to carry concealed and addional 6 or 7 allow open carry without a license ( like Delaware)

The affidavits and newspaper in Delaware are 110 year old laws.  The rest are more recent innovations.

Soon Delaware will require a permit to purchase at least a handgun.

Go someplace else if you have a choice.   The Carolinas or the Eastern Shore of   Virginia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version