State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Reciprocity in all States? Maybe

(1/7) > >>

seniorgeek:
Again a bill for reciprocity across all states have been introduced in the House and Senate. How much support does the version have? Well, I say it will pass the House and did the one in 2011 but fail in the Senate unless the Dems in the Senate feel that this may hurt their reelection campaign. 

http://www.guns.com/2014/03/13/national-right-carry-act-house-allow-50-state-reciprocity/

Hawkeye:
In theory I think this is a good idea but there are others who think this will lead to a back door for registration.

Clarence:
Not really sure this is a good idea.  For one thing, people  that live in states like Maryland and New Jersey that can't get home state carry permits would be left out in the cold.  At least now they can get Florida, Utah or Arizona permits and carry in a lot of other states.  

Think also about folks from Constitutional carry states like Vermont who do not need a permit.

I would support if any carry permit from any state was valid in any state and residents of Constitutional Carry states were accommodated. Like the new law in Oklahoma.  

If we can get shall issue nationwide then this might be a good idea.  

SturmRugerSR9:
Seniorgeek is right. It will pass in the House, but Dingy Harry Reid will refuse to allow it on the floor of the US Senate.

mrjam2jab:

--- Quote from: Clarence on March 14, 2014, 10:38:56 PM ---Not really sure this is a good idea.  For one thing, people  that live in states like Maryland and New Jersey that can't get home state carry permits would be left out in the cold.  At least now they can get Florida, Utah or Arizona permits and carry in a lot of other states.  

Think also about folks from Constitutional carry states like Vermont who do not need a permit.

I would support if any carry permit from any state was valid in any state and residents of Constitutional Carry states were accommodated. Like the new law in Oklahoma.  

If we can get shall issue nationwide then this might be a good idea.  

--- End quote ---

As it's written...a person from say NJ could still get a permit from FL and carry in every state EXCEPT NJ. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version