State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

concealed carrier charged with murder in Montco, PA

(1/5) > >>

8thFA:

This guy makes the rest of us look bad, and now someone is dead, this is a sad story that shouldn't have happened.

http://6abc.com/news/montco-church-member-charged-in-fatal-shooting/1313599/

oldgraygeek:
The worst kind of id10t...

--- Quote ---Storms, who authorities say has no official function with the church or any history of law enforcement, approached Braxton and displayed a Concealed Weapons Permit badge. He then told Braxton he had to leave the sanctuary.
"The badge that defendant showed the victim was a permit to carry a concealed weapon that he seemingly purchased online," Steele said.
--- End quote ---

NormH3:
The way I read it, he displayed a fake badge that indicated he had a CC permit. There is nothing that says he had a legitimate CCW permit.

8thFA:

--- Quote from: NormH3 on April 28, 2016, 11:14:27 PM ---The way I read it, he displayed a fake badge that indicated he had a CC permit. There is nothing that says he had a legitimate CCW permit.

--- End quote ---
Another article quoted the DA as saying the shooter showed his concealed carry permit, so if he didn't have one they would have charged him for carrying a deadly weapon without a permit I would think.  He was charged with manslaughter and reckless endangerment. 

Sounds like he had it in some kind of badge holder like you may use at work, something on a lanyard maybe.  Definitely a few bricks short of a full load.  Another article said he had flashed his permit before during another altercation and the other guy walked away. 

PPScarry:
Sounds like a fake CCDW "purchased online". Never heard of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version