State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation

<< < (52/53) > >>

Clarence:
I think our best hope now is a judicial ruling on carry outside of the home being protected under the 2nd amendment.   Republicans have sure let us down. 

SturmRugerSR9:
Are you forgetting Delaware is an "Open Carry State" as well as having a concealed carry permit available?

Clarence:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on October 11, 2018, 01:35:27 PM ---Are you forgetting Delaware is an "Open Carry State" as well as having a concealed carry permit available?

--- End quote ---
I was not thinking of Delaware but rather State’s like New Jersey, Hawaii and California that either don’t issue or rarely do.  Also universal recognition of carry licenses just like driver license.

I do not think at this point Delaware’s laws would be questioned unless they try to go back to restrictive may issue for concealed carry.

SturmRugerSR9:
Delaware is not a "shall issue state". It is a "may issue state" but thank God few people are turned down, and the ones that are would probably not get a permit in and "shall issue state" because of legal or mental problems in their past.

SturmRugerSR9:
Who Poo-Poo'd the National Concealed Cary Reciprocity Act? It was Republican Senator Mitch McConnell. He is the gate-keeper to the Senate and has the say as to what bills get brought to the floor for vote. He will still be in office until the 2020 election. Hopefully he will retire or get kicked out by his home state, or at the very least lose the Senate Leader position.
The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017-18 is dead as a mackerel. With the changes in Congress in the House, I don't look for anything positive on this subject in the next 4 to 6 years at least. Maybe never.
With the Lancaster County PA. Sheriff also Poo-Pooing the non-resident CCL, looks like we are in prison in Delaware with our CCW that few other states accept. This really sucks in my opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version