Author Topic: 17 rnd mag limit  (Read 1435 times)

Mac19701

17 rnd mag limit
« on: November 03, 2022, 10:54:10 PM »
As law stands now, anyone know if 17 rnd limit applies to rim fire??  Can’t seem to find any exemption.
Thnx

del elec

• Life Member
Re: 17 rnd mag limit
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 11:46:33 AM »
Don't see an exemption for rimfire. However, you are exempted with your CCDW.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 02:59:49 PM »
As law stands now, anyone know if 17 rnd limit applies to rim fire??  Can’t seem to find any exemption.
Thnx

https://legis.delaware.gov/json/BillDetail/GetPdfDocument?fileAttachmentId=572634

This is the link to the final “engrossed” version of SB1 which was a substitute for SB6 and was signed into law.

.22 tubular magazines are exempt.  Detachable magazine are limited to 17 rounds irregardless of caliber.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 01:18:43 PM »
Just as an FYI, it's exceedingly difficult to find any online retailers that will ship an over 17 round magazine to Delaware at the moment.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 04:47:49 PM »
Just as an FYI, it's exceedingly difficult to find any online retailers that will ship an over 17 round magazine to Delaware at the moment.
And those retailers should be notified of the exemptions to the Delaware law and if they continue to refuse to ship to Delaware they should be publicly identified, boycotted and ostracized by the firearms community.

I wonder if the NRA would have the testicular courage to assist with this?

MarcWinkman

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 06:33:44 PM »
I can 100% confirm that Gun Mag Warehouse is one such retailer that will under no circumstances ship a magazine with an over 17 round capacity to Delaware unless you provide law enforcement or active duty military credentials.

bs369

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 04:22:47 PM »
Just checked with MEC-GAR they would not sell me a 15 rnd mag for my MCP35. They tell me they cannot ship to DE. I thought the law was 17 ?
NJFOP7 Retired Sgt NJMP Retired USCG CWO 54-74 RVN 69-70

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 04:45:16 PM »
It is.  Send them a copy of the law and if they do not change their policy, notify them that you will take your business elsewhere and post this on any gun related website you can. 

Let’s boycott these wussie businesses that suck up to unconstitutional laws.  I’m not saying anyone should break the law but if they are too timid or lazy to conform to the law, they do not deserve to do business with anyone in the firearms community. 

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 08:50:44 PM »
You can get MECGAR 15 round mags from Midway.  I did for my MCP45 Ops.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

bs369

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 09:14:17 PM »
Was able to get 15 rnd mags from Gun Mag warehouse w/o any problem. Thanks for the info response.
NJFOP7 Retired Sgt NJMP Retired USCG CWO 54-74 RVN 69-70

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2023, 06:03:39 PM »
There is a lot of misinformation out there.  Three of the worst sources of information are:

1.  Gun Dealers
2.  Firearms instructors
3.  Police.

This is from a gun and ammunition sales site;

.   AMMUNITION PURCHASE

Purchasing ammunition in Delaware is very strict. In order to buy ammo in Delaware, a CTPP, gun sales permit, or long gun/handgun eligibility certificate is required. There isn’t a background check but buyers must be at least 21 years of age and provide proof of valid ID. The same goes for all online purchase ammo shipped to Delaware. 

The problem:   A CTPP is a Connecticut Pistol Purchase certificate.

Another example.  A trainer for the Maryland Wear and Carry tells his classes that the Delaware concealed carry licensee exemption for over 17 round magazines was taken out of the bill

The trainer that I had years ago in Delaware  said that once you have a CCDW license it is a felony to open carry.  When I asked him to site such a law, he got angry and said it has always been the law.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 08:01:29 PM by Clarence »